Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: Model X - P100D (or 100D) with Unlimited Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If FUSC (Free Unlimited Supercharging for life) is important to you then you're looking for a MX P100D as the 100D wasn't built prior to them discontinuing that version of the FUSC. The version after 1/2017 vehicles was for the current owner only and didn't transfer. Same goes for the MS as no 100D was ever made w/FUSC, P100D is the only option. Even if you are lucky enough to find a vehicle that fits that narrow window it is still possible it doesn't have FUSC if it was ever traded back in to Tesla at any time as they stripped trade-ins of this.

Tesla stripping FUSC or FSD that was paid for because they took it in on trade is HIGHLY unethical and borderline illegal. Until someone challenges them on that in court though they'll continue doing it. Personally, I see it is an incredibly unethical business practice that they began just to help their bottom line at the cost of owners and future owners. I digress.

Personally, I wouldn't let FUSC play that big if a role in my search because the average user won't see more than a few hundred bucks in savings at most. Meanwhile you'll limit your search substantially and likely end up paying a lot more than that for such a specific vehicle. Just fine the best Model X you can at the best price you can and pay for Supercharging. You'll likely end up WAY ahead cost-wise unless you're that 1 in a billion owners who Supercharging thousands of dollars per year.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
If FUSC (Free Unlimited Supercharging for life) is important to you then you're looking for a MX P100D as the 100D wasn't built prior to them discontinuing that version of the FUSC. The version after 1/2017 vehicles was for the current owner only and didn't transfer. Same goes for the MS as no 100D was ever made w/FUSC, P100D is the only option. Even if you are lucky enough to find a vehicle that fits that narrow window it is still possible it doesn't have FUSC if it was ever traded back in to Tesla at any time as they stripped trade-ins of this.

Tesla stripping FUSC or FSD that was paid for because they took it in on trade is HIGHLY unethical and borderline illegal. Until someone challenges them on that in court though they'll continue doing it. Personally, I see it is an incredibly unethical business practice that they began just to help their bottom line at the cost of owners and future owners. I digress.

Personally, I wouldn't let FUSC play that big if a role in my search because the average user won't see more than a few hundred bucks in savings at most. Meanwhile you'll limit your search substantially and likely end up paying a lot more than that for such a specific vehicle. Just fine the best Model X you can at the best price you can and pay for Supercharging. You'll likely end up WAY ahead cost-wise unless you're that 1 in a billion owners who Supercharging thousands of dollars per year.
Thanks for the intel, Ostrichsak. I started out only listing the P100D in this post but thought there might have been some transferable 100Ds out there and changed it. I'll change it back. Scratch that, it won't let me change the post title. Well, if you're reading this. Please ignore the 100D bit. ;)

Totally agree with you that it should be considered a feature on the car and left alone. They made the bet and should stick by it.

Anyhoo, I also hear you on FUSC. We go back and forth on it as a 'must-have' but we're at a supercharger at least once a week. We do quite a bit of traveling, so we're swinging for the fences for now.