Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB: NEMA 14-50 Adapter for Gen 2 Mobile Charger - Montreal

Bashir S

Oct 25, 2019
Dublin, Ca
Thomas, how long did it take Tesla from the day you signed up to get you the adapter, if they ever did? Or did you end up getting from another source?

tps5352

Supporting Member
Oct 30, 2019
Bay-Delta Region, California, USA
...14-50 adapters are out of stock...

If you are planning to eventually get a second, dedicated home charging cable (in addition to the Gen 2 Mobile Connector that comes with the car), you might consider what's called a Tesla "Corded Mobile Connector." Maybe you already know about them?

They were offered by Tesla on the website, have a permanent NEMA 14-50 plug end, and charge at a slightly higher rate (40 amps as opposed to 32 amps) than the Gen 2 Mobile Connector.

As of last year when still available new, they were expensive ($520 US from Tesla), but now you might be able to find a used one for less. Check with the usual suspects (Craig's List, eBay, the FS posts here, etc.). Not everyone is trying to strike it rich. (I just scored a complete, brand new Mobile Connector Bundle [w/bag, J1772 adapter, cord, and 5-15 and 14-50 adapters] for only $225 US.) Bargains can be found if you look.

Can someone there in town loan you a 14-50 while you look? (Sorry I am too far away.) Good luck.

PS -- Yes, Tesla will promptly respond if you ask to be notified when an item is back in stock. The NEMA 14-50 plug adapter is a very popular accessory and should be back in stock soon, I am thinking. There are several on eBay right now, but prices are on the high side (>>>$35). Check local CL listings. Sometimes CL sellers will ship, so expand your search in Canada and US.

Last edited:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC