TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

WTB: Non-working charging connector or just cable

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by Ghostrider, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Member

2. GSP

GSP Member

Ghostrider,

Tesla sells replacement cables for the HPWC. They are designed for 80 Amps and are heavier than the UMC cable, so that may, or may not, work for you.

GSP

3. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Member

Thank you for the pointer. I'm specifically looking for the thinner, more flexible cable. Want to connect it JuiceBox that I already have rather than use the clumsy J1772 adapter

4. Evbwcaer

Evbwcaer Member

Ask quickchargepower.com. They sell the "handle" with 8", I think, of cable for about $90. They also sell cable and splice, so they should have a solution for you.

5. GSP

GSP Member

I suggest contacting Quick Charge Power. I think they have the proper cable, and extra Tesla plugs. They make the "Jesla" conversion of UMC to J1772. They also can extend the UMC cable length.

GSP

6. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Member

Yep.

Seen them - they do sell these but only with 9" piece of cable so I'll need to splice cables together which I'm trying to avoid