Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB... Now: 18-20 MS P100DL or P-Raven w/ FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heres what's happening. I'm scheduled to purchase and drive home (Chicago) this coming Wednesday the 23rd an 18 MS P100DL, fully optioned w/ FSD. They advertised this vehicle, and I purchased under the terms that this one has transferable free Supercharging. Well, I just received confirmation that this Model S does NOT have transferable free Supercharging and is indeed under Pay Per Use terms. If this MS remained mostly in the Chicagoland area, then this probably wouldn't be a big deal. However, I've got a few Coast-to-Coast trips planned in the near future and calculated these trips to save some decent Shekels. That said, I'm no longer under any legal or moral obligation to follow through on this purchase. But figured I'd put my Intent to Purchase situation out there and see if anyone wants to sell theirs that meet my criteria and would appreciate a quick smooth cash deal.

See here's what I'm looking for in my replacement MS. The purpose of this post is to have a person with transferable free supercharging to contact me if they're in a position that they'd like to sell immediately and have what I'm looking for.

• Years: 18-20 preferred, but would consider 16 + 17 if has HW 3.0 or at least upgradable to 3.0 under Teslas upgrade terms
  • Models: P100DL or Performance Raven (must have Ludicrous + mode)
  • Must Have Options: Subzero, FSD (but would consider otherwise if selling price reflects this) Preferable Options: Carbon Fiber package
  • Exterior Colors Preferred: White, Midnight Silver, Red but would consider all colors if the price made sense as I could just wrap it
  • Interior Colors: Anything but tan would do (no offense to those that have or dig tan). Order preference: White, silver, black
  • Mileage: Under 50K
  • Warranty: Preferred if still under original Tesla warranty. But would consider if it isn't, so long as the price reflects this, as long as the mileage is under 50K
  • Condition: Excellent to very good.
  • Miscellaneous: Prefer to have been in zero accidents or car damage situation. Would consider minor previous damage as long as there are docs to back it up. But, must have clean CarFax, AutoCheck, VINcheck, etc. I know they're not accurate but makes a difference in value of car when it's time to sell. Must be non-smoker car, prefer single owner(s) but two at most. Would also prefer a Title in Hand deal but would consider otherwise with strong and contracted Buyer Protections in place. And I don't mind flying into town and driving back. The closer to Chicagoland area the better. But not Mission Critical.

Note: If this is of interest to you and meets the criteria I listed above then please send me a PM and we'll go from there. Thanks...

The only way you're going to get Unlimited Free Supercharging (UFSC) is with a 2016 or one of a very few early 2017's. Everything after that the UFSC won't transfer to a new owner.

Even some 2016/2017's if they've been sold back to Tesla and sold as used they can have the UFSC removed.

Reactions: VikH
The only way you're going to get Unlimited Free Supercharging (UFSC) is with a 2016 or one of a very few early 2017's. Everything after that the UFSC won't transfer to a new owner.

Even some 2016/2017's if they've been sold back to Tesla and sold as used they can have the UFSC removed.
aaand, the jury is still out on whether or not the qualified tesla's with fsc will transfer. at least, nobody knows, in the threads that I am following

Here's what Tesla had said to me. If it's a 16 or 17, and did not going through Teslas inventory again (pre-owned, etc.) and was originally purchased with UFSC then it is very likely that the new owner will continue to enjoy UFSC. However, 2018's are going to be Hit or Miss he said. This is easier to confirm if purchasing Private Party as the current owner on record with Tesla can conference call into customer service with the interested buyer and they will release this information over the phone. Or so they're saying. And I personally would much rather purchase via Private Party vs. Dealers for other reasons as well. So, if you've been tossing the idea around of getting into something different and your MS meets my afore mentioned criteria then I certainly encourage you to PM me. I can assure you a smooth transaction on my end, and would expect the same. Thanks...

Here's what Tesla had said to me. If it's a 16 or 17, and did not going through Teslas inventory again (pre-owned, etc.) and was originally purchased with UFSC then it is very likely that the new owner will continue to enjoy UFSC. However, 2018's are going to be Hit or Miss he said.
Have supercharging rates gone up that much? Tried researching and I saw a guy spent $155.63 on a 4,000 mile road trip. Another guy quoted .28 per KWH that was in WA state. Possibly mix in some LV-2 at a hotel stay along your journey to reduce your expenses.
Assuming you were getting a killer deal on the 18 P100DL over time the headache of tracking down a unicorn UFSC car could workout!
GLW-SEARCH!!

I would not trust Tesla customer service. Recently and over the long term they seem to frequently say it will transfer when it won't.

However you can have the seller look up the codes attached to the account
  • From the same View Details page examine the HTML. You are looking for a block of text started with the word 'OptionCodes'. After this there is a string of option codes that looks a little like '['$BP01','$ADPX2','$AU01','$DA02','$APD2','$X028'....'. You need to select and copy this string and paste it into the bottom box on car info and we'll decode them. We believe this is the most reliable way other than asking Tesla themselves.
Asking Tesla has been unreliable. Confirm SC01 option code using the above method is the best way forward on a single owner car. You shouldn't even need to paste them into their tool, just see if SC01 is in there.

Reactions: F1FTH
I would not trust Tesla customer service. Recently and over the long term they seem to frequently say it will transfer when it won't.

However you can have the seller look up the codes attached to the account
  • From the same View Details page examine the HTML. You are looking for a block of text started with the word 'OptionCodes'. After this there is a string of option codes that looks a little like '['$BP01','$ADPX2','$AU01','$DA02','$APD2','$X028'....'. You need to select and copy this string and paste it into the bottom box on car info and we'll decode them. We believe this is the most reliable way other than asking Tesla themselves.
Asking Tesla has been unreliable. Confirm SC01 option code using the above method is the best way forward on a single owner car. You shouldn't even need to paste them into their tool, just see if SC01 is in there.

Agreed. Excellent links for solid intel on these cars. Thanks for posting...

There is pretty much no car sold since very early 2017 that has transferable UFSC. Any car sold in 2018 and after that came with UFSC was limited to the first owner. I'm a bit baffled by someone who buys a luxury car but then wants to find the unicorn to save a few $100 on charging it. If saving money on a road trip is the main driver, OP should buy an used model 3.

• Love
Reactions: Electric-fied