Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB ONE 21" Grey Turbine Model S Wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought a set of used 21" Grey Turbine wheels for my 16.5 Model S to replace my 19"s, now that there are A/S tires available in that size. Got the wheels sent off for wheel repair to fix the curb rash the last owner left, they're back and looking pretty, tires came in, but when they were balancing one of the wheels, we found that the hub on one of the wheels was bent and is currently unusable. I've already spent the money on wheel repairs and the tires so I'm already invested in the new set, but I can't seem to find anyone outside of Tesla selling just ONE wheel unless it's aftermarket or remanufactured. Tesla wants $1210 for a single wheel so I'm trying to find an alternative here.

Anyone looking to sell ONE wheel?

what size wheel were you looking for?

I have 1 piece that I kept as a spare tire, but i now use arachnids. but it still has pretty good tire tread on it, which is probably not what you needed, but PM me and we can talk numbers i suppose.

Just bought a set of used 21" Grey Turbine wheels for my 16.5 Model S to replace my 19"s, now that there are A/S tires available in that size. Got the wheels sent off for wheel repair to fix the curb rash the last owner left, they're back and looking pretty, tires came in, but when they were balancing one of the wheels, we found that the hub on one of the wheels was bent and is currently unusable. I've already spent the money on wheel repairs and the tires so I'm already invested in the new set, but I can't seem to find anyone outside of Tesla selling just ONE wheel unless it's aftermarket or remanufactured. Tesla wants $1210 for a single wheel so I'm trying to find an alternative here.

Not entirely related to your question - I'm very curious to know which A/S tires you got in 21 inches as this is news to me. TIA!

Not entirely related to your question - I'm very curious to know which A/S tires you got in 21 inches as this is news to me. TIA!
These ones here from Vredstein: (Tire Rack). They seem to be getting great reviews so far, but they are pretty new. Not a lot of info on winter performance yet and this would only be for the non-staggered 21"s. If I can ever get these on my car, I'd be happy to pass along feedback!

Reactions: SilverGS

if you haven't found a wheel you can find the in (car-part.com), they are selling them for 200$ but only they sell one unit of wheel, they don't sell the whole 4 unit together. good luck

My wheel search is at an end -

So I had the wheel repair place that fixed the curb rash from the last owner look at my wheel and it turns out the hub is fine, they just had to clear some of the paint they used when they were refinishing. Problem solved! Wheel is fine and the new wheels and all season tires are mounted. Car looks so much better with 21"s and the new tires already are quieter, smoother, and have better traction than the Primacy and MXMs they're replacing. Wet performance is great, but the real test will be when/if we get snow this year. They are 3PMSF rated so they should do great.

Thanks to the people that reached out offering help!

IMG_2448.jpg

Reactions: HankLloydRight