Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wtb. Plaid reservation pre price hike

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to take over/purchase someone’s plaid reservation with the original pricing of $119,990. (Similar to the attached build)

only interested in white or black exterior with white or black interior.

ideally the seller would be someone that had the plaid+ order and was converted to the plaid or just doesn’t want to fulfill the order anymore. You’ll make some money and I’ll save some money.

Attachments

• 4F4ECB21-813A-4EFE-B63C-67A39069309A.png
    4F4ECB21-813A-4EFE-B63C-67A39069309A.png
    302.2 KB · Views: 48
I don't think technically you can 'buy' someones reservation. They can buy the car and then resell it to you, but don't think there is a way for you to directly buy someones reservation.

I think you will find that the order agreement likely has the following clause:

No Resellers; Discontinuation; Cancelltion. Tesla and its affiliates sell cars directly to end-consumers, and we may unilaterally cancel any order that we believe has been made with a view toward resale of the Vehicle or that has otherwise been made in bad faith. We may also cancel your order and refund your Order Fee and Transportation Fee if we discontinue a product, feature or option after the time you place your order or if we determine that you are acting in bad faith.

Reactions: 2101Guy and Ken_Y
Several people have done it by swapping emails. Someone local was also able to transfer at Tesla by saying the new buyer is was their “domestic” partner so it’s doable just takes some careful use of words.

• Informative
Reactions: jmaddr
Several people have done it by swapping emails. Someone local was also able to transfer at Tesla by saying the new buyer is was their “domestic” partner so it’s doable just takes some careful use of words.
So if you already know how to 'trick' the system, circumvent the terms of the order agreement, then what was the purpose of your question to begin with???

Reactions: jebinc