Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB: Please help with a friend-to-friend Model S sale/purchase price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your friend is out of touch. Not to worry, I see people here everyday trying to sell non-auto cars far over value. When the auto hardware showed up in Nov. 2014, I knew I had to sell my 2013 before the software was "enabled". When the rumors grew stronger last summer that it would finally be released, I relented and sold her. I don't think people understand what the importance of Oct. 15th (software release date) really is to the entire Tesla fleet. I would run from any non-auto car....unless you can get one cheap.

Best advice - DON'T BUY A CAR FROM YOUR FRIEND. There are a billion Model S's for sale. You cannot replace your friend. Keep your friendship intact and keep business transactions out of it.
I second that! There is a 2014 P85 with auto pilot for sale for $74k on Panjo right now with lower mileage.. http://www.panjo.com/buy/tesla-p85-with-autopilot-74990-263565?index=25
This is a Tesla Mid-Night Silver P85 with both Autopilot hardware and software installed, and thus has Autopilot Convenience Features option. This car is in brand new condition with no scratches or dings. It has a set of brand new 19" wheels and tires as you can see, they have just been newly mounted. There is no rashes or nicks on the wheels.

The car has the Tech Package option which includes power liftgate, fog lights, corning lights, lighted door handles, etc. These options are currently part of the premium interior package.

It also has panoramic roof, upgraded Ultra High Fidelity Sound system, carbon Fiber Spoiler, Parcel Shelf and Yacht Floor. The textile seats are as comfortable as the NextGen seats. They're more supportive and durable, and are definitely more hugging than the standard leather seats.

This car comes with a full 4 year/50000 miles warranty that ends on Dec 30th 2019 or at 60556 miles, whichever comes first. The car currently has 11000 miles.

Please note that this is the legendary Tesla Performance P85 that as been tested as fast as 3.9 seconds 0-60, and also has the lasted technology that allows for hands-free driving and self-parking without a person in the driver seat.

Sticker price was $105K, asking $74990.

Prices in this area are out of whack...(I'm in Charlotte also). Based on local cars I've seen his price isn't too far off, based on CPO prices he is way off... If you are both looking to help each other out, you should give him a few thousand more than his trade in value, that would give both of you a deal. Be warned, it may be high though. I almost bought a P85 locally but the trade in value from Tesla was more than I wanted to pay since it was Pre-AP. I don't know why Tesla is paying so much on some cars, but I saw several comparable ones on their site for thousands less than their offer.
I personally couldn't come to terms with spending almost 60K on a Tesla that didn't have AutoPilot, so I just went a different route and got an M235i until the Model 3s hit the streets...

Prices in this area are out of whack...(I'm in Charlotte also). Based on local cars I've seen his price isn't too far off, based on CPO prices he is way off... If you are both looking to help each other out, you should give him a few thousand more than his trade in value, that would give both of you a deal. Be warned, it may be high though. I almost bought a P85 locally but the trade in value from Tesla was more than I wanted to pay since it was Pre-AP. I don't know why Tesla is paying so much on some cars, but I saw several comparable ones on their site for thousands less than their offer.
I personally couldn't come to terms with spending almost 60K on a Tesla that didn't have AutoPilot, so I just went a different route and got an M235i until the Model 3s hit the streets...

I agree that prices are weird right now. If only I had been shopping for a deal back in December.....I think I'll just wait and see what CPO prices do between now and summer. Maybe we'll see some good deals again soon. No sense in pushing it with this particular individual, and if he asks I'll just tell him I'd love to buy his car, but it's just out of my price range right now and to call me if the price gets in the mid $50k range.