TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

WTB: Refresh Front Fascia Bumper

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by RoninAMG, Mar 14, 2019.

?

Which is better looking & fitting Refresh Bumper Kit between Unplugged Performance & T-Sportline?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2019.
  1. Unplugged Performance

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. TSportline

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. RoninAMG

RoninAMG Member

I've officially decided to keep the Beast for a few more years. So now I'm in the market for a refresh front bumper either painted or not. My first choice would be the one built by Unplugged Performance. Second would be the one by TSportline. Having a Pearl White P85D it would be nice if it was already painted that color, and of course hopefully match well. But not necessary as I have local shops ready to paint. I've heard of many people doing these to either Leases or cars they purchased and instead of putting the stock back on they just took the hit and traded or sold with the Refresh. I've heard from Tesla Technicians that it's not too hard to remove and install these bumpers. One tech said he can remove in 20 minutes or so. And install takes a bit longer. I thought I'd give this a shot first as it could possibly work well for both of us. So, if you or someone you know have one that's in good condition feel free to PM me to work out the logistics. Thanks...

Unplugged Performance Refresh Kit: Unplugged Performance Refresh Front Fascia System for Tesla Model S

TSportline Refresh Kit: 2012-2016 Tesla Model S Front Bumper Facelift Refresh

2. morrisdl

morrisdl Member

Good idea, sorry to jump in...If a green one on the east coast exists, Id be interested. Thanks! -d

3. RoninAMG

RoninAMG Member

At this point I'm mostly interested in the Unplugged Performance Refresh kit. However, I will consider others if the price is right. :cool:

4. Wnix05

Wnix05 Member

If you need a quick rundown of a bumper refresh retrofit, I made this video as a resource:

• Like x 3
  5. Videofrank

Videofrank 2015 P85D

I'm considering this upgrade myself. May I ask why you prefer the Unplugged bumper over the Tsportline?

6. Wnix05

Wnix05 Member

OEM worked fine for me, though the total cost came out to $900 anyway..

• Love x 1
  7. Videofrank

Videofrank 2015 P85D

Yeah, but you are way more handy than I am. No way would I be able to do what you did in that video without guidance from someone else.

8. Wnix05

Wnix05 Member

That's why I made the video :) I wanted to help others see what it would entail and pay it forward from everyone before me!

9. Videofrank

Videofrank 2015 P85D

That's not to say that I don't appreciate the video, because I do. It's great. It just showed me that I couldn't do it alone and would probably need to hire someone to do it.

• Like x 1
  10. Dsancho

Dsancho Member

great video, thanks for sharing!

11. bjarkovic

bjarkovic New Member

Did you ever get one? TSportline has them on sale now for 1500 bucks with free shipping!