TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

WTB Roadster 2.5

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by AltPowr, Aug 30, 2013.

1. AltPowr

AltPowr Member

I have looked through several of the CPOs and also at a few private party cars but have not found just the right combination or color and options. Here is what I'm looking for:

Version 2.5
    10K miles or less
    Non-sport (mainly because of price)
    Electronics Group (navigation, etc)
    Tesla Paint Armor
    All other options are OK, but not required

In one of the following colors:
    Thunder Gray
    Electric blue
    Very Orange
    Arctic White
    Lightning Green
    Sterling Silver
    Brilliant Yellow
    Radiant Red

Please PM or email me if you have one or know of one that's available. Thanks.

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Can you elaborate on why how important this criteria is for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you concerned about potential prior damage or future damage from not having the paint armor? If prior damage, then start scouting the cost of a good refinishing (or whatever it's called) and incorporate that into your valuation. If future damage, then start scouting the cost of getting that done aftermarket and incorporate that into your valuation.

Putting a dollar value on adding the paint armor after you get the vehicle and then changing that to a "soft" requirement opens up more candidate vehicles for you. No?

3. AltPowr

AltPowr Member

I passed on one car with 26K miles and another with 27K miles - both that fit my criteria. However, all of the CPOs that I have seen recently are 15K miles and less - many under 10K miles. When I go to sell this 3 years from now I don't want my car to have 15-20K more miles than the others on the market.

No matter what the case is, I'm only considering cars within the Tesla factory warranty period, because I plan on purchasing the 3yr car and battery warranties. I guess I should have mentioned that as well. And then I would most likely sell the car before the extended warranties run out so that a new owner at least has some coverage for a short period of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Only concerned about potential prior damage. Actually, the factory Tesla paint armor is installed horribly, and I would replace it anyway. The two cars I looked at with 26K and 27K miles were both taken care of properly and had no damage because the paint armor was in place.

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Interesting. When/if I end up scouting one to buy, I'll probably start thinking about long-term storage because I probably won't want to sell it. A similar mindset contributed to my Sig decision for Model S.