TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

WTB: Roadster Double Din Binnacle

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by swbooking, Nov 11, 2014.

1. swbooking

swbooking Member

Hi all, new here!

I'm looking to purchase a Roadster Double Din Stereo Binnacle. Please let me know if you have one for sale. Feel free to PM or email me (should be available through my profile) :)

Thanks!

2. swbooking

swbooking Member

Just to be a little more clear. I'm looking for this part:

SFEJkzX.jpg

3. jbadger

jbadger Roadster #506

Darn, you beat me to this post. My Pioneer Appradio 4 arrives tomorrow but I have no enclosure.

4. swbooking

swbooking Member

Well if I come up on any more leads for a second one, I'll let you know! :)

5. shrink

shrink Member

Other than the double-DIN binnacle/bezel, you also need vents, A/C ducts, and your dash modified. Al and Ed's have all that in stock and can do the work. I'm in the process of having the conversion done myself, but living in Phoenix it was too costly to send the car to West Hollywood and back.

I found an Elise dash on eBay and sent it to a CF shop in Ohio that has worked on a lot of Lotuses to modify the dash. They also sold me the vents and A/C ducts. I found the binnacle from another member here, but still had to track down the other parts.

Local Tesla Service Center wanted an outrageous amount to do the conversion ($5000-$6000, I think) but were willing to perform it nonetheless.

Good luck!

6. swbooking

swbooking Member

They have the Tesla factory Double-Din binnacle and vents in stock? Do you happen to know which Al&Ed's location?

Could you share the shop name?

7. shrink

shrink Member

8. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

I have a spare binnacle and a spare AC cover. The vent flaps are supplied separately and I don't have those.

binnacle.jpg

ac cover.jpg

I'm open to offers.....:smile:

P.S. also have some other interior pieces such as the side "waterfalls", instrument cluster cover, center housing and door sills, and OEM (non-hid) headlights. All are from my 2.5.

9. swbooking

swbooking Member

Hey Nigel, definitely interested in it! I'll shoot you a PM and we can work it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. Apparently I can only send 1 PM per 60/min?! That sucks. Shoot me a PM or I will at ~8:45.

10. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

@swbooking: here's the center housing. It's the piece that surrounds the buttons on the Roadster 2.5. (The buttons and insert are obviously still on my Roadster)

center console.jpg

11. jbadger

jbadger Roadster #506

swbooking, I got my pieces yesterday from Tesla in Fremont. Keep in mind, you need more than just the aesthetics to do the upgrade.

You'll either need to cut the vent cutout in the black metal support next to the airbag or install the new metal support which you'd need to buy from Tesla.

Cutting would require ensuring nothing burns that is attached to the support and option 2 looks like it requires removal of the airbag. Doesn't look like this is a simple task.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

12. AJV

AJV Member

I have an ABS Double DIN, PM me if interested