TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

WTB Roadster Foundry License Plate Bracket

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by Jackyche, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Jackyche

Jackyche Member

In search for one, anyone still have it still after trading in their Roadster?

2. bart513

bart513 Member

Is there something special about the license plate bracket when called "Foundry"?

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

It screws into the tow hook and doesn't require any damage to the bumper which is why people liked it.

4. GLACIER

GLACIER Roadster #334

I have one that I'm not currently using. I might consider selling it. I bought 3 different types of license plate holders and don't really use any of them right now.

5. Rik

Rik Member

are you interested in selling the foundry license plate bracket?

6. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

For those who haven't seen them:

Roadster Foundry License Plate Bracket

Roadster Foundry License Plate Bracket - Page 15

I was fortunate enough to have had my Roadster come with one... I really don't know how it ended up with it, Roadster had 3k on it, owner wasn't all that passionate about Roadsters... but I guess I've see odder things. Keeping it but if someone who lives close who wants to copy the design, I believe Steve would be ok with that.

I took mine off to get more airflow through the condenser... I don't think it made all that much of a difference. I also don't like the look of front license plates on cars.... 2 years without one now in Cali and haven't been hassled yet.

7. GLACIER

GLACIER Roadster #334

Rik, sorry. I didn't get a notification that someone replied for some reason. I have 2 people who said they want to buy it. I'm still trying to decide which plate holder I'm going to use as a permanent solution. Once I do, I will most likely sell the other 2 that I have. By the way, it isn't a foundry license plate bracket but something similar I had for my old Lotus. It just goes right into the tow hook...no modification of the bumper necessary.