Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB Signature Wall connector up to 4 units

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found that out later. Yes, I am OK without the plug because I will be able to add that myself.
Just for clarification, you realize you do NOT need a HPWC (High Power Wall Connector) in order to add a NEMA 14-50 outlet, right? They're two entirely separate devices. Adding a 14-50 outlet is less than $50 worth of parts and all of which can be bought at a home improvement store like Home Depot.

I own several Teslas have been charging at home for 4 years. Just decided to install one the garage for convenience so that I can mobile one in the car. I travel a lot and do not own a gas powered car any more. When I saw a new one being sold with the plug, thought that is what I should get but realized later.

Just throwing out that there is other options, Open EVSE and Juice box will give you the full 40A and have nice features for the money you are looking at. I have an Open EVSE and did exactly that, it has the 14-50 plug in case I need it for road trips, also works in 110V to. So its like a UMC only it is reliable.

I have 3 teslas at
Just throwing out that there is other options, Open EVSE and Juice box will give you the full 40A and have nice features for the money you are looking at. I have an Open EVSE and did exactly that, it has the 14-50 plug in case I need it for road trips, also works in 110V to. So its like a UMC only it is reliable.
I have three teslas at home, I can always put in the wall and carry the other two in the cars. I am looking to get Tesla wall connectors. Thanks for your suggestion.

I have 3 teslas at

I have three teslas at home, I can always put in the wall and carry the other two in the cars. I am looking to get Tesla wall connectors. Thanks for your suggestion.
We have four Teslas currently and use the hard-wired wall connectors since they can automatically balance the load between the cars. The plug-in wall connectors don't have that functionality.

That is why I want to buy Tesla wall connectors.
There are both hard-wired and plug-in wall connectors. You just need to be specific that you want the hard-wired ones if you want to load-balance them. You also mentioned in two above posts that you were interested in ones with a plug or would be adding a plug yourself. I don't think they intend for you to use the load balancing feature on ones that you add a plug to. Also, if you use a plug, they will be limited to 40 amps. If you hard-wire them, you could charge at 48 to 72 amps, depending on the chargers in your car and your wiring.

There are both hard-wired and plug-in wall connectors. You just need to be specific that you want the hard-wired ones if you want to load-balance them. You also mentioned in two above posts that you were interested in ones with a plug or would be adding a plug yourself. I don't think they intend for you to use the load balancing feature on ones that you add a plug to. Also, if you use a plug, they will be limited to 40 amps. If you hard-wire them, you could charge at 48 to 72 amps, depending on the chargers in your car and your wiring.
That was a mistake. I had corrected it to hard wired one once i realized it. Thanks. Adding plug was only temporary solution until I get electrician.

That was a mistake. I had corrected it to hard wired one once i realized it. Thanks. Adding plug was only temporary solution until I get electrician.
Ah ok. That makes sense! We got along with 2 14-50 outlets for a year and a half before the wall connectors. The load-balanced wall connectors make things a lot easier. We can plug in the cars and not have to worry how many of them will be charging at once. I'm sure you will appreciate them once you get them all connected together.