Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB : Spare Roadster Headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our Roadster has original Headlights very clean and clear, car was always in a garage.
How do you upgrade to HID , aftermarket parts or were they Tesla Options available after sale from
The SC

Tesla offers HID Xenon lights directly from service center. I heard from a few members they still have them although it's a pricy upgrade; They used to be $2,400 plus labor when roadsters were still being serviced. I heard now they are $4k since they don't offer these on a daily basis anymore.

They give you entirely new lights since the code for xenon or HID requires a secure bracket or secure spot for the Ballisters underneath the lights.

Or my headlight guy can install the Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini H1 8.0 HID Projectors with custom fitted bracket - (not the bracket to hold the ballister; the bracket / ring to hold the morimoto h1 in place) his bracket guy created for the housing for your original lights. - Diyme Designz – Custom Automotive Lighting which would probably be $700-750 at most total for both lights to upgrade to HID.

So it made sense to upgrade myself to HID Xenon rather than paying $4k and as you know I got the halo switchbacks; one on the few if not only - lights-halos.mp4

OEM Tesla 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Roadster Left HID Xenon Headlight w/ Ballast | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited: