TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

WTB : Spare Roadster Headlights

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by jason.tv, Oct 24, 2020.

1. jason.tv

jason.tv Member

I am Looking to buy a extra set of roadster headlights in good quality condition if anyone has any for sale, perhaps you had the HID upgrade and have a set laying around?

PM me!

2. Roadster

Roadster JdeMO Powered

3. jason.tv

jason.tv Member

Thanks but looking for better quality; Still looking

4. slcasner

slcasner Active Member

I have my originals, too, saved when they were replaced by HID. But part of the reason for the replacement was that they were peeling, so not what you want.

5. jason.tv

jason.tv Member

peeling lights can be fixed.

6. slcasner

slcasner Active Member

So I should probably keep them in case of damage to my car.

• Love x 1
  7. jason.tv

jason.tv Member

no worries; I will find them eventually.

8. Lou B

Lou B Member

Our Roadster has original Headlights very clean and clear, car was always in a garage.
    How do you upgrade to HID , aftermarket parts or were they Tesla Options available after sale from
    The SC

9. jason.tv

jason.tv Member

#9 jason.tv, Oct 26, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    Tesla offers HID Xenon lights directly from service center. I heard from a few members they still have them although it's a pricy upgrade; They used to be $2,400 plus labor when roadsters were still being serviced. I heard now they are $4k since they don't offer these on a daily basis anymore.

They give you entirely new lights since the code for xenon or HID requires a secure bracket or secure spot for the Ballisters underneath the lights.

Or my headlight guy can install the Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini H1 8.0 HID Projectors with custom fitted bracket - (not the bracket to hold the ballister; the bracket / ring to hold the morimoto h1 in place) his bracket guy created for the housing for your original lights. - Diyme Designz – Custom Automotive Lighting which would probably be $700-750 at most total for both lights to upgrade to HID.

So it made sense to upgrade myself to HID Xenon rather than paying $4k and as you know I got the halo switchbacks; one on the few if not only - lights-halos.mp4

OEM Tesla 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Roadster Left HID Xenon Headlight w/ Ballast | eBay

[​IMG]