Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: TESLA CHAdeMO Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for that info. I wasn't sure if it was the (a) Model 3 software or the (b) CHAdeMO adapter firmware that needed to be updated. (Maybe both?) What is your Telsa CHAdeMO adapter Part Number? (Mine is 1036392-10-D.) As I got mine used, and it is a few years old, I believe, I should probably take it in to a service center and have it flashed, if necessary.
Mine is two models earlier. 1036392-10-B, so you’ll be fine. You might not even need to have it upgraded at SC, plug it in and see if it works. Mine was upgraded manually to v. 2.0.10 if that helps
1B4C8A29-7840-40DF-95E3-A4534528A383.jpeg
1AFF905D-BFFC-4C05-8E87-1426E1172FE2.jpeg

Having seen analogous situations with things like bicycle parts and stereo equipment, I assume that as electric vehicles catch on (already happening), eventually all cars will share some sort of charging standard. And if history tells us anything, it will be not the best and not the worst alternative--but an inconvenient compromise that pleases no one. (Ha, ha. No, hopefully it will be a reasonable option that opens up all charging stations for all cars--the equivalent of today's wide-scale network of for-profit gasoline and diesel fueling centers.)
CCS is that forthcoming standard imo

• Helpful
Reactions: tps5352
Hello out there... Still looking for a CHAdeMo adapter for my M3. Been to Craigslist, Amazon, eBay, Walmart and others with no luck. Bid on a few but the prices got upwards of $600. Anyone have one for sale? Anyone have any idea who Tesla will restock the CHAdeMO? Thanks.

...Still looking...

Been there (as you know),...

For readers in general: In my experience Craig's List is the best. Try also, Letgo.com (new to me). In both instances, search EVERY day (or more than once per day.) And setup Google searches (e.g., "site:craigslist.org chademo" and "site:letgo.com chademo") and establish personal searches within the CL and LG sites to alert you immediately to new CHAdeMO listings. If you find one move quickly and decisively. (You can of course setup searches in eBay, but final auction prices are too high, imo, and take a frustrating amount of time. Try an ongoing search on eBay for "buy-it-now" CHAdeMO items <$450, for example.)

Just recently there was a CHAdeMO with box in San Jose, CA for $425 on LetGo.com. But by the time I learned of it (within a day or two) it was gone, gone, gone.

Warning to new folks: As always, watch out for damaged (e.g., burnt contacts; cracked/scratched case, evidence of internal moisture) or non-working items. Older models may not work with Model 3, I hear. (But the firmware perhaps can be upgraded, others tell us.)

Within a year or two, after Tesla releases CCS adapters for North America and CHAdeMO prices plummet (like for Dutch tulips), we'll wonder what all the fuss was about. (In actuality I have no info about CCS adapters--may never happen.)

Tulip Prices.jpg

As to when Tesla will re-offer the adapter, who knows? (They may be made for Tesla by a sub-contractor, I don't know.) I just received an email that Corded Mobile Connectors were back in stock. But that only lasted a day. Get emails from the Tesla.com site about CHAdeMO and buy one immediately if you hear back (that is if the $450 + tax price is OK with you). I suspect that price gougers will quickly try to buy some to sell on eBay. If true, it is a shame that Tesla allows this. (Could it be stopped? Not sure.)

Been there (as you know),...

For readers in general: In my experience Craig's List is the best. Try also, Letgo.com (new to me). In both instances, search EVERY day (or more than once per day.) And setup Google searches (e.g., "site:craigslist.org chademo" and "site:letgo.com chademo") and establish personal searches within the CL and LG sites to alert you immediately to new CHAdeMO listings. If you find one move quickly and decisively. (You can of course setup searches in eBay, but final auction prices are too high, imo, and take a frustrating amount of time. Try an ongoing search on eBay for "buy-it-now" CHAdeMO items <$450, for example.)

Just recently there was a CHAdeMO with box in San Jose, CA for $425 on LetGo.com. But by the time I learned of it (within a day or two) it was gone, gone, gone.

Warning to new folks: As always, watch out for damaged (e.g., burnt contacts; cracked/scratched case, evidence of internal moisture) or non-working items. Older models may not work with Model 3, I hear. (But the firmware perhaps can be upgraded, others tell us.)

Within a year or two, after Tesla releases CCS adapters for North America and CHAdeMO prices plummet (like for Dutch tulips), we'll wonder what all the fuss was about. (In actuality I have no info about CCS adapters--may never happen.)

View attachment 513186

As to when Tesla will re-offer the adapter, who knows? (They may be made for Tesla by a sub-contractor, I don't know.) I just received an email that Corded Mobile Connectors were back in stock. But that only lasted a day. Get emails from the Tesla.com site about CHAdeMO and buy one immediately if you hear back (that is if the $450 + tax price is OK with you). I suspect that price gougers will quickly try to buy some to sell on eBay. If true, it is a shame that Tesla allows this. (Could it be stopped? Not sure.)

Thanks tps5352. Very helpful. I'll definitely check out Let.com and keep up my searches. I would go for $450 but don't see any reason to go much higher. You've been a big help.

...I suspect that price gougers will quickly try to buy some to sell on eBay. If true, it is a shame that Tesla allows this. (Could it be stopped? Not sure.)

I just noticed that Tesla only allows a maximum of two of the same (charging and other) accessories per purchase per customer. Of course it is relatively easy to get around this limit, but that is a step in the right direction by Tesla.

Purchase Limit.jpg

Went to Cumberland Farms this morning to try out my new CHAdeMO adapter. Had to push really hard to get their plug to snap into my adapter. After that it as a piece of cake. 30kW 35 A 122 mi/hr. This was an EVgo site. My card worked perfectly.
EE34CAA1-48DA-41E2-ACED-C5F29D24F648.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: tps5352
I know. No service centres in Russia :(

The hardware needed an update I was told to enable this revision to charge, yes. I confirmed this before update and why I asked for manual firmware update.

Jason (@wk057), you did a tear down of CHADeMO adapter previously - do you track FW updates and know how to manually update?