Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB: turn key drivetrain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

This post is fishing for more than just a part, it's more of a public RFQ to the serious salvage and retrofit guys on the forum.

My company, in combination with a local university, is kicking off a retrofit project. My first goal is to get a demo system up and running consisting of a drive unit, batteries, charging, and motor control. I've read about different control systems that are available, but I need to find the quickest path to battery management, motor speed control, and data provided to a basic user interface. My team has the ability to do custom embedded electronics and firmware, but would strongly prefer to leverage a system that is already proven, at least from the drivetrain control and monitoring aspect.

The second, parallel goal of the project is to integrate some custom sensors and logic to automate behavior of the drive system, so having an open interface to the drivetrain controller is important. Also, due to the custom sensor data and user feedback they will require we will be doing a custom UI and will need the drivetrain data provided to our UI controller.

We are anxious to get parts on the floor to start showing progress, as soon as the end of the year, so definitely looking for someone that can help us settle on the right bill of materials and source that BOM. If you'd like to chat on the phone to expedite the quoting and delivery I can make myself available at just about any time.

For our shop floor demo I would expect that 1 performance drive unit (that can later be moved into the prototype) and 20 and 40kwh of batteries would be sufficient, so you can use this as a starting point and help me understand the options.

Thank you!
Andy
2017 MS 60D owner and EV Fanatic

I think @wk057 has exactly what you need ready to go...his website is hsrmotors.com

Keep us updated on your project!

Jason

Hi All,

This post is fishing for more than just a part, it's more of a public RFQ to the serious salvage and retrofit guys on the forum.

My company, in combination with a local university, is kicking off a retrofit project. My first goal is to get a demo system up and running consisting of a drive unit, batteries, charging, and motor control. I've read about different control systems that are available, but I need to find the quickest path to battery management, motor speed control, and data provided to a basic user interface. My team has the ability to do custom embedded electronics and firmware, but would strongly prefer to leverage a system that is already proven, at least from the drivetrain control and monitoring aspect.

The second, parallel goal of the project is to integrate some custom sensors and logic to automate behavior of the drive system, so having an open interface to the drivetrain controller is important. Also, due to the custom sensor data and user feedback they will require we will be doing a custom UI and will need the drivetrain data provided to our UI controller.

We are anxious to get parts on the floor to start showing progress, as soon as the end of the year, so definitely looking for someone that can help us settle on the right bill of materials and source that BOM. If you'd like to chat on the phone to expedite the quoting and delivery I can make myself available at just about any time.

For our shop floor demo I would expect that 1 performance drive unit (that can later be moved into the prototype) and 20 and 40kwh of batteries would be sufficient, so you can use this as a starting point and help me understand the options.

Thank you!
Andy
2017 MS 60D owner and EV Fanatic