Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: UMC, HPC, or HPWC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There - got a posting subject that's all acronyms.

I'm looking to buy - new or used - a charger for my Tesla. I'll take a Roadster UMC, a Model S UMC, a Roadster HPC, or a Model S HPWC. Heck, I'll even take a 40amp or larger J1772 charger if you got one of those to sell.

Since a Model S UMC is $650 new, I'm looking to spend enough less than that to make it worthwhile to not buy that from Tesla. I'm located in Northern CA.

The cheapest 40+ amp EVSE on the market is the EMW Juicebox. A fully assembled juicebox set up for 40 amp charging will run about $500.

http://www.emotorwerks.com/products/online-store/product/show/44-emw-juicebox-an-open-source-level-2-15kw-ev-charging-station

we just bought two of these (basic model, assembled) to install at our office. i thought they were 50A, but looking at their site it seems to be a bit higher:

"enable J1772 charging of your vehicle up to 240V 60A (output current limit is user-adjustable)"

we are waiting on one final cable to plug into the new sub panel we had installed then we'll see how they work.

we just bought two of these (basic model, assembled) to install at our office. i thought they were 50A, but looking at their site it seems to be a bit higher:

"enable J1772 charging of your vehicle up to 240V 60A (output current limit is user-adjustable)"

we are waiting on one final cable to plug into the new sub panel we had installed then we'll see how they work.

Interesting... what are you using to plug it in at those high amps? Or are you just connecting it directly to the sub panel?

Rifleman - do you use this EVSE? I wanted to opt for OpenEVSE @75A, but I'm having some trouble finding good enclosures and J1772 cable rated higher than 70A.

/sorry for thread hijack

There - got a posting subject that's all acronyms.

I'm looking to buy - new or used - a charger for my Tesla. I'll take a Roadster UMC, a Model S UMC, a Roadster HPC, or a Model S HPWC. Heck, I'll even take a 40amp or larger J1772 charger if you got one of those to sell.

Since a Model S UMC is $650 new, I'm looking to spend enough less than that to make it worthwhile to not buy that from Tesla. I'm located in Northern CA.

Contact your SC and see if they won't sell you the UMC "unbundled" i.e. no carrying bag or adapters. Several posters (various threads) have reported the SC selling the UMC to them as a single item for $480. I went this route to get my second UMC; paid the $480.

Last edited: