TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

WTB: Whispbar Fit Kits K930w (or just the 4 long screws)

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by wesley888, Jan 2, 2017.

1. wesley888

wesley888 Member

I bought a roof rack from another member here, but his fit kit (K704w) is for the older Tesla. I saw another post saying that I need K930w fit kit for the 2016 Tesla. So, if anyone is selling the fit kits, please send me PM or start a Conversation.

In fact, I only need the 4 long screws that goes into the car. The rest of the parts in the old fit kit should work. If anyone know where I could get those 4 long screws, it would be even better!

Thanks!

2. Cowby

Cowby Supporting Member

#2 Cowby, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    Hey now, I need the older style kit as my kids threw out mines... let me know if u want to part with it....I'll need the whole fit kit tho...PM me if so.

3. Nosken

Nosken Member

I just checked my K930w kit. It has everything needed for both the old and in the newer installations.

I had to make sure, because my new AP2 car is on the way, and it needs the long screws, my 2015 P85D that I'm selling used the older style. Sorry, that this doesn't help you, but if Cowby has a need for the entire kit, with older screws, he could just send you the long screws that you need.

FYI- The longer ones are not really screws, they're fully threaded studs. If needed, I could take some measurements and give you the specifications. You may be able to source it using some all – thread rod.

• Informative x 1
  4. wesley888

wesley888 Member

Thanks for the info, Nosken.

Yea, I've read that the new kit K930w has both new and old screws. If anyone have the new kit but only need the old screws, I could use the new screws from that person. :)

Cowby, if I have to buy the whole new kit K930w, I can sell you my whole older style kit.

5. Cowby

Cowby Supporting Member

Sounds good, let me know.

6. wesley888

wesley888 Member

*bump* Nobody who bought a CPO and got a new roof rack?

7. wesley888

wesley888 Member

I just email Whispbar's customer support and they are sending me those 4 screws today. Why didn't I think of doing that first? :D

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  8. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

I just bought the roof racks as well and need the entire K930W -- seems like they're sold out online and Tesla's online store doesn't sell separately from the racks. Anyone know where to buy the K930W SmartFoot system? Thanks!

9. wesley888

wesley888 Member

Last I looked, they were sold out everywhere. Hope someone can help you out.

10. Triumphz28

Triumphz28 Member

I'm in the same situation as you. I called Yakima and they were useless. Can you PM me the email you sent to and the person at Whispbar who was able to help you? I just need the 4 long studs too. I believe they are M6 x 80mm stainless steel studs.