Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: Whispbar Fit Kits K930w (or just the 4 long screws)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a roof rack from another member here, but his fit kit (K704w) is for the older Tesla. I saw another post saying that I need K930w fit kit for the 2016 Tesla. So, if anyone is selling the fit kits, please send me PM or start a Conversation.

In fact, I only need the 4 long screws that goes into the car. The rest of the parts in the old fit kit should work. If anyone know where I could get those 4 long screws, it would be even better!

Thanks!

I just checked my K930w kit. It has everything needed for both the old and in the newer installations.

I had to make sure, because my new AP2 car is on the way, and it needs the long screws, my 2015 P85D that I'm selling used the older style. Sorry, that this doesn't help you, but if Cowby has a need for the entire kit, with older screws, he could just send you the long screws that you need.

FYI- The longer ones are not really screws, they're fully threaded studs. If needed, I could take some measurements and give you the specifications. You may be able to source it using some all – thread rod.

• Informative
Reactions: wesley888
Thanks for the info, Nosken.

Yea, I've read that the new kit K930w has both new and old screws. If anyone have the new kit but only need the old screws, I could use the new screws from that person. :)

Cowby, if I have to buy the whole new kit K930w, I can sell you my whole older style kit.

I just email Whispbar's customer support and they are sending me those 4 screws today. Why didn't I think of doing that first? :D

I'm in the same situation as you. I called Yakima and they were useless. Can you PM me the email you sent to and the person at Whispbar who was able to help you? I just need the 4 long studs too. I believe they are M6 x 80mm stainless steel studs.

Sorry Triumphz28. Didn't see your email until just now. Only 1 year late. lol. I went through the website and submit the question about it.

HkqdNv6J8rUk1Gz7qB8k3R772VXyc_I1QxgKWNe9qxM7YNdyeIn7scWNRNs80m5UhGGxaw52xj8rQRo5hZ5IARbRLC0vjiJlHgBQH3__wCnWmEOyq85LgbD69t8=s0-d-e1-ft

Raul Bonifacio (Yakima Racks)

Jan 5, 08:21 PST

Hello Wesley and thank you for contacting Yakima support,

I would be more than happy to send those bolts, what address can I send them to ?

Please let us know if you need further assistance
Raul Bonifacio
Yakima Customer Support

Whispbar Customer Care [email protected] via zendesk.com
1/4/17
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Hello Wesley

Thank you for your inquiry (1732) has been received outside of our normal support hours of 7 am to 4 PT M-F.

Our goal is to reply to your inquiry within 24 business hours

To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Thank you for your inquiry
Yakima

This email is a service from Yakima Racks. Delivered by Zendesk

And they are M6x80mm.

Thanks for the pics. Can you also tell me: i see they are hollow on one side so you can screw them with the torque key. Does it say in your manual how hard you need to tighten them?
As it is Saturday and we leave tomorrow I found a long M60 that I can cut to 4x80mm. Just wonder if I need to secure them (ie use two bolt at the top end to tighten and then remove them)
I don’t want to tighten too much and damage the car

I just bought the roof racks as well and need the entire K930W -- seems like they're sold out online and Tesla's online store doesn't sell separately from the racks. Anyone know where to buy the K930W SmartFoot system? Thanks!

I did the same. Called every Tesla service center in USA til I found one that had. Shipped to my local service center and sold for $75.

I haven’t even opened mine yet but also don’t want to part with it :)

Reactions: wesley888