Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB/WTT - Model S Long Range AWD Black Interior

Jpeterferrell

Oct 26, 2020
Colorado Springs, CO
I just purchased what I *thought* would be my dream car - a 2016 Model S 90D - midnight gray metallic. It is a facelift model, with Autopilot HW 3.0, FSD and lifetime Premium Connectivity included. I bought it used from Tesla, before the warranty term shortened - so it's under warranty until September 2022 or 100k, whichever comes first (vehicle has 67k now). I had it upgraded to MCU2.0 immediately (paid out of pocket) after I made the purchase, but prior to driving for any appreciable time. The vehicle has every single option box ticked - NextGen seats, Air Suspension, Pano Roof, UHFD Sound, Subzero weather package, Bioweapon Defense Mode, Dark Ash wood interior, etc.

Here's the problem, and I know it's going to be a costly problem: I don't fit in the damn thing. I have a very long torso, and my head basically sits inside the pano roof. If I look left, I'm basically looking at the headliner. I've tried every seat configuration, and can't make it work. I think my issue was I originally drove a Model S with the old, more pancake style seats. Then I drove one with the newer, Tesla Premium seats. I don't know why, but it seemed like I fit with those - but not the nextgen seats.

While I was getting the MCU replaced, they gave me a Model 3 to drive as a loaner. I liked it much more. I realize it lacked features (air suspension, heated wheel, etc) that I have in the Model S, but I liked the way it drove more, and most of all I FIT IN IT. I had plenty of headroom, in every direction! I didn't mind at all the lack of the binnacle. I can deal with a trunk. Moral of the story is, I picked up my Model S, and immediately realized what I actually wanted, what fit me best, was a Model 3.

So, does anyone have a Model 3 LR AWD anywhere in Colorado they are looking to sell? Or perhaps looking to trade for a loaded, but older, Model S...?

Jpeterferrell

Oct 26, 2020
Colorado Springs, CO
Wow, the title and my post are completely confusing.

What I want to buy: Any Model 3, LR AWD, w/black interior

What I have to trade/sell: 2016 Model S 90D (gray exterior, black interior), loaded, HW3.0, MCU2, FSD included

Hopefully that clears it up.

l3msu

Oct 24, 2020
michigan
I’m interested in potentially purchasing your Tesla. Let me know what you’d like to get for it? Send me a text at (616) 238-3281

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC