Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

WTS: Model 3 19'' Sport Rims Painted Black

Mr X

Future Martian
Jan 18, 2013
LA
Would anyone be interested in a used set of 19's? No TPMS just the rims. Also will remove the biohazard sticker on each center hub cover, no residue will be left behind.

I am looking to get a new set of rims and would sell these

- 13,100+ miles on them
- ZERO curb rash. Basically still brand new
- Painted black. Stock silver underneath

They were spray painted glossy black and are not powder coated.

Pics below. Would ask $1,100 for all 4. Located in Simi Valley, CA

elaCjnd.jpg

JU213Tb.jpg

CJMbsfH.jpg

DE7w5tk.jpg

Mr X

Future Martian
Jan 18, 2013
LA
Do you know if there is a way to get the black spray paint off without damaging the rims?

I believe sanding them. The guy that spray painted them made them matte black at first but I wanted glossy so he sanded the matte paint and it came right off but I forget if he did anything else though. Probably used a paint remover spray or something

Sadly many people are changing to MY and the market seems to be slowing down a lot...
Hope you can find a buyer soon.

Thanks. I have them listed on Craigslist as well but most of the "people" that reached out are bots wanting to send me a "code"

I'd be all over them if they were silver (do you know how much I'd have to spend to get them sand-blasted?). If I do get these from you, where can I get the TPMS from? Sorry I'm new to all this.

It would probably be about $4-500 to have them powdercoated in silver. Tpms can be had from Amazon for about $100 unless you transfer from your existing wheels at which point, a mount and balance for tires would be about the same

Also, this is a very good price to anyone considering just wheels.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC