Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wyoming Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's nice to see Rock Springs, WY getting permitted. Hopefully, this will be accompanied by a couple of more to make it possible to get all across the state. That will complete the trek from Chicago to San Francisco. We make this drive a couple of times a year, and it will make it much more direct than dropping down to I-70.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
It's nice to see Rock Springs, WY getting permitted. Hopefully, this will be accompanied by a couple of more to make it possible to get all across the state. That will complete the trek from Chicago to San Francisco. We make this drive a couple of times a year, and it will make it much more direct than dropping down to I-70.
interesting. I charged there just two weeks ago. Had no issue getting across WY in my 2017 MX 100.

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
Almost two years ago a Tesla supercharger service tech I ran into at the Billings supercharger said there were plans to put a Supercharger in Riverton, but it was not a high priority. They were starting to focus (he said) on the big megachargers (I think he called them) for the semis.

A few years ago I could make Casper to Cody in my S90D - barely. Probably can't now unless I go 45 mph all the way on a calm day (know how rare those are in Wyoming?). I make day trips to Basin on occasion and can't take my S because of range and charger limitations. Even though it's a bit over 20 miles out of the way, a supercharger in Riverton would make that trip feasible.

So, there's a new "coming soon" site on the recently updated "Find Us" map for Kemmerer, WY.

Any chance this will be at the Ridley's Market in town, similar to Ely, NV? @upinatem
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 9.47.03 AM.png

So, there's a new "coming soon" site on the recently updated "Find Us" map for Kemmerer, WY.

Any chance this will be at the Ridley's Market in town, similar to Ely, NV? @upinatem
View attachment 1029967
Yes, I just talked to Mark Ridley today. They're hosting this, Ely, and Wellington, CO. They just pulled permits so things are moving along.