TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

X 75D vs. Mustang GT? Meh....

Discussion in 'Model X' started by dewittbo, Sep 20, 2019.

1. dewittbo

dewittbo Member

I don't condone drag racing on city streets, but yesterday I just couldn't resist: a big, bold Mustang GT pulled up alongside me at a stop-light, rumbling and grumbling and showing his muscles, all sound and thunder. Very macho, gunning the engine purposefully: vroom, vroom. Empty street ahead. Light goes green. I even let him get a slight head start, then with a simple tap of the accelerator, left him in my dust--er, I mean my electrons.

At the next stop light, he was decidedly meeker and more subdued....

• Funny x 2
    • Love x 1
  2. BulldogsRus

BulldogsRus Member

Are the 75Ds uncorked, i.e. 0-60 in about 4.2 secs.?

3. mattack4000

mattack4000 Active Member

4. testarossa

testarossa Member

#4 testarossa, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Truth is, the Mustang GT (if it's a newer model) handily beats your X75 both in 0-60 and in the quarter mile is walking away. The driver likely did not know how to launch his Mustang, and since launching a Tesla requires no skill, the outcome is usually predictable.