TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

X appeal for women article

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ronmerkord, Dec 25, 2014.

1. ronmerkord

ronmerkord Member

This article just appeared in the San Jose Mercury News, on the appeal of the Model X to women. They interviewed my wife Lisa Merkord for it, to get a perspective on how this EV will appeal to moms.

Also interviewed and pictured is Gabriella Edelman, who with her husband Kenneth have SigX reservation number 1.

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_27201955/women-waiting-wings-tesl...

Ron
    SigX #1015

2. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Nice enough article spoiled by some (IMO) silly generalizations. The registration statistics are a poor base for making assumptions; I register our cars but the Model S is my wife's car. I know many dads who do the school run and my wife will take my Roadster at the drop of a hat.....

3. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I do not think that vehicle registration gives you an accurate picture of how many females are driving a particular vehicle. All our cars have joint registration but my wife drives all of them, except lately I cannot get her out of the Tesla.

4. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

Salting the article with 'truck' and 'SUV' which has nothing to do with the X will lead to disappointment. How many people have actually seen and kicked the tires of an X? Any better driver visibility compared to MS? Better cupholders?? They are expecting a crossover but will somehow adapt to this?
    --