TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

X auto park missing?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by flyhigh123, Jul 27, 2016.

1. flyhigh123

flyhigh123 Member

Does the X have auto park and parallel park? I thought it was standard with autopilot, but i've tried and never see that P sign.

2. NovemberXray

NovemberXray Member

Model X definitely auto parks, I've done both parallel and perpendicular many times. You need to go slow, and pull ALL the way PAST the space you want and come to a stop, you should see the P appear, put it in reverse and tap start. I'm pretty sure you also have to have the feature turned on in settings...

3. Roentgen

Roentgen Member

I have to say I've also never seen the autopark feature. Maybe because my wife and I are always trying to snag spots in crowded parking lots.

4. umeshunni

umeshunni Member

I've had it show up around 3 times in 3600 miles of driving over 60 days

5. carib

carib Member

I also doubted the existence of this mystical capability, but it showed up twice in one day (at least the ones I noticed)!! I did not need to park, but had to try it out and it was pretty neat.

6. ModelXBoy

ModelXBoy No More Door Captain of TMC! Oh Yeah Baby!

I spend way too much time looking for the "P" than just freaking park the car already. lol!

• Funny x 2
  7. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

I never use the auto-park and don't care to. However, I often gets beeps from my Tesla indicating that "Auto-Park is not currently available", usually in places that are not appropriate (e.g. intersection with a right merge lane). I may investigate a way to turn this off if it keeps happening.

8. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

There is a learning period, after so many miles you'll finally see the "P"
    But drive fairly close to the cars before & after the single opening, after beyond adjacent to second car, the "P" will show.
    It must (I think) be a single slot open for autopark to be offered..

9. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

I was advised by a T employee to "drive faster" when looking for a spot; the car needs to be moving at least 4mph (and less than some other number I forget). My instinct has been to crawl past the spot and this may have been defeating autopark.