Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X auto park missing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X definitely auto parks, I've done both parallel and perpendicular many times. You need to go slow, and pull ALL the way PAST the space you want and come to a stop, you should see the P appear, put it in reverse and tap start. I'm pretty sure you also have to have the feature turned on in settings...

I never use the auto-park and don't care to. However, I often gets beeps from my Tesla indicating that "Auto-Park is not currently available", usually in places that are not appropriate (e.g. intersection with a right merge lane). I may investigate a way to turn this off if it keeps happening.

Does the X have auto park and parallel park? I thought it was standard with autopilot, but i've tried and never see that P sign.
There is a learning period, after so many miles you'll finally see the "P"
But drive fairly close to the cars before & after the single opening, after beyond adjacent to second car, the "P" will show.
It must (I think) be a single slot open for autopark to be offered..

I was advised by a T employee to "drive faster" when looking for a spot; the car needs to be moving at least 4mph (and less than some other number I forget). My instinct has been to crawl past the spot and this may have been defeating autopark.