Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

XCare EV

Global Vendor
Feb 13, 2019
McKinney, TX
Listings
Our team at Xcelerate think it's very important that everyone understands why we created X-Care and motivates us to continue providing this service to the community.

We have been working directly with Tesla since 2014, as a 3rd party lessor for commercial clients, and our staff has either been working with Tesla since 2012 or joined us from Tesla management since 2011. We have had a very close eye on vehicle/technology changes, consumer stories, Used vehicle valuation and Used inventory in the independent market. Not long ago, Model S and Model X were difficult to find in dealer lots. However, almost overnight, we saw hundreds (and now thousands) end up in their hands. We saw a growing amount of people that defaulted to Tesla Used because it had one value add that other independent dealers did not have, and that was a warranty. As we saw certain dealers struggle to get these vehicles off their lots, we started to see values drop. This could be dangerous to the resale value for all of the vehicles and, possibly, hurt the brand overall.

Our goal was simple. Create a product that mirrors Tesla’s ESA but not limit who can purchase/sell it.

We created X-Care to give that value add option to dealers that are trying to buy and resell these vehicles, along with selling directly to consumers in an easy online fashion. Our effort was to make this available to everyone and as many vehicles as we can, to strengthen the resale value, and possibly, strengthen the brand overall.

Although a 3rd party warranty, our goal with X-Care was to make it seem and feel like a manufacturers warranty. We worked for an entire year to make sure that we had partners that were the leaders in this industry, worded a contract specific to electric vehicles and their components, built a claims process specifically for Tesla owners so you can use Tesla Service per usual, trained our partners with necessary Tesla knowledge/history, and we are highly educated individuals when it comes to anything Tesla/EV related.

In short, X-Care was designed from the ground up to provide a needed product to help people get into a Tesla.

One of the most rewarding conversations we have is when a future owner calls us and asks, “where can I purchase a Model S/Model X/Model 3 so I can have X-Care rolled in?” We are more than happy to give you the list of our nationwide dealers that we trust, which have already signed up to sell X-Care with their Tesla inventory.

Some people can disagree with purchasing a warranty and may choose to roll the dice on cost of repairs, but others think differently. And when we are told that the only reason why a new owner decided to purchase their $40-80k used Tesla because of the existence of X-Care, and would not have purchased without it - then we have done our job.

We, too, want to “Xcelerate” the world towards sustainable transport. We created this product to help people make that decision to jump into one by giving them that peace of mind.

We have hundreds of vehicles on the road now protected by X-Care and paying claims directly to Tesla service all over the country! We appreciate the feedback to better our experience and product as we progress. We ask to please be vocal about our product to as many people and please share your stories with the community!

Happy to answer any questions!

Extended Warranty for Tesla Owners

Xcelerate Offers Extended Warranty Coverage For Teslas & Other EVs

Now offering X-Care: a third-party extended warranty for Tesla | Current Automotive

Attachments

• Highlighted Covered Items.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 205
I'm personally waiting to read about people's experiences with your product. I can't find any experiences posted anywhere, good or bad. I am nervous to become the first person on the internet to spend $5000 on your product. Maybe you could allow customers to leave feedback on your website?

Reactions: Patrick W
I'm personally waiting to read about people's experiences with your product. I can't find any experiences posted anywhere, good or bad. I am nervous to become the first person on the internet to spend $5000 on your product. Maybe you could allow customers to leave feedback on your website?

We are working on getting some of our customers who have already had claims provide feedback. But you definitely would be nowhere near being the first.

I still don’t see how you are competitive at all. Tesla sells the cars with warranty for basically the same (and often lower) price compared with dealer cars that don’t come with warranty, so one has to spend extra $4k to get your warranty on top of that. It just doesn’t make sense.

I still don’t see how you are competitive at all. Tesla sells the cars with warranty for basically the same (and often lower) price compared with dealer cars that don’t come with warranty, so one has to spend extra $4k to get your warranty on top of that. It just doesn’t make sense.

It's not necessarily about being competitive, it's about offering something that isn't offered to them by Tesla. Many people do not buy from Tesla used and go through a 3rd party dealer or private sale (3rd or 4th owner). In those circumstances, there is no ability to buy an extended warranty and have that peace of mind, X-Care now gives that option.

For owners that purchased new, X-Care is an alternative coverage option that is cheaper than the ESA and with half the deductible than what Tesla has. For Model 3 owners, this is the only ability to get an extended warranty.

We are filling an obvious hole that is out there in order to broaden the choices that current and potential owners have. If we have the ability to help and create a product that would benefit others, then it's our obligation to pursue that idea. I think that makes the most sense.

To be fair, it's not X-Care's fault that traditional dealers are overpricing their cars. Honestly it's the uninformed buyers who are buying more expensive cars without warranties from traditional dealers. But at least now those buyers have an option for a warranty too. Speaking of whether they are competitive, on price alone traditional dealers aren't competitive yet they still sell lots of Teslas, so X-Care is probably fine in that regard.

Reactions: XCare EV