Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X-Care Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have had claims processed per norm and paid directly to Tesla Service. Unfortunately, none of the customers that have processed claims are TMC members.

Although the X-Care contract may be new, our administrator and underwriter are not (who handles the claims). They have been in business for many years and have sold tens of thousands of extended warranties and have paid out over $60 million in claims. - Top 3,695 Reviews about Endurance Auto Warranty

We have had claims processed per norm and paid directly to Tesla Service. Unfortunately, none of the customers that have processed claims are TMC members.

Although the X-Care contract may be new, our administrator and underwriter are not (who handles the claims). They have been in business for many years and have sold tens of thousands of extended warranties and have paid out over $60 million in claims. - Top 3,695 Reviews about Endurance Auto Warranty

One thing I couldn't find on the site was the Terms and Conditions, which the FAQ refers to about what's covered. Can you point me to the Terms and Conditions on the page, since I definitely wouldn't consider it without seeing that?

Reactions: KerryOH
So what is the cost as compared to Tesla's extended service options?

We have an instant quote calculator on our site to see the cost. Ours is built on a matrix style pricing. The older the car, the higher the mileage, the more a term costs. We also have various different terms that Tesla does not offer. Ultimately, we priced the terms to be cheaper than the ESA up front (at the point when you are qualified to buy the ESA) with half the deductible than the ESA. We also have terms that go well past where Tesla is willing to warranty.

www.xcelerateauto.com/x-care/

I am also curious on cost and coverage experience on Tesla specifically.

I am debating keeping my P85+ (currently covered by the ESA for a couple years, IIRC), selling it and getting another EV - probably another MS.

Keeping the P85+ (heck, it has low miles and is like new), I'd prefer to have it still under some extended warranty program.

Trying to bump this up because im considering an extended warranty.

Anyone with any experience with this company, PLEASE post.

From some research;
1.it seems a bit cheaper than tesla, more year/mile options.
2.Deductible is half, $100 vs $200.
3.xcare warranty covers rental! thats a big one for me. and it really pisses me off that tesla own ESA does NOT.
4.Looking at exclusions, about same in tesla ESA vs x-care contract, seems about same. (TEsla available by googling tesla esa pdf, and x-care is on their site, paragraph IX)
5. Tesla is better regarding TOWING, they will tow upto 500 miles, X-care 50miles. That seems like a big deal also bc i do drive in bumblef**k alot and tesla has a tiny network of SC's.
6. Yes x-care can go out of business but they do seem to be backed by large insurance companies, although endurance is in the contract, on their site it doesnt say who they are insured by.... Leaves Tesla as win here as they are obviously more transparent about who is paying, or not if they are going out of business... Would love to see something concrete in writing on x-care or in contract.

Anything else i missed? from some informed people?

5. Tesla is better regarding TOWING, they will tow upto 500 miles, X-care 50miles. That seems like a big deal also bc i do drive in bumblef**k alot and tesla has a tiny network of SC's.
6. Yes x-care can go out of business but they do seem to be backed by large insurance companies, although endurance is in the contract, on their site it doesnt say who they are insured by.... Leaves Tesla as win here as they are obviously more transparent about who is paying, or not if they are going out of business... Would love to see something concrete in writing on x-care or in contract.

Anything else i missed? from some informed people?

I can clarify a couple of these points for you. With regards to towing, we tow to the "nearest alternate qualifying repair facility" which for the case of Tesla specifically, is the nearest Tesla Service Center, regardless of distance. We would not tow your car to a gallery store location if there is no service, nor would we take it to any non-Tesla service center since those would not be qualified repair facilities. Hopefully that clarifies that point for you.
  1. Towing Service: We will cover in total any tow of the covered Vehicle up to fifty (50) miles or less to the Selling Dealer (as long as the Selling Dealer has vehicle repair capabilities). If the Selling Dealer is located over fifty (50) miles from the disablement location, or does not have repair capabilities, then Your covered Vehicle may be towed to the nearest alternate qualifying repair facility.
X-Care is backed by AmTrust Financial/Wesco, they are one of the largest insurance banks and publicly traded. it is listed in the contract under the "Guarantee" clause (pasted below). Wesco is 100% owned and operated by AmTrust as an insurance underwriter. We worked directly with AmTrust to create the product for the Tesla community.

XI. GUARANTEE:

Our obligations and the performance to You under this Contract are guaranteed and insured by a policy issued by Wesco Insurance Company (a California approved Insurance Company), 59 Maiden Lane, 43rd Floor, New York, NY 10038, 866-505-4048.

As far as reviews, we urge everyone to share their experiences publicly, however, not everyone are active users on TMC (unfortunately) and we cannot control when customers have issues to therefore file a claim. We do have some reviews listed on our Google page that might help. xcelerate auto - Google Search,,,

There is also a couple testimonials in this thread: X-Care Extended Warranty for Model 3

I can clarify a couple of these points for you. With regards to towing, we tow to the "nearest alternate qualifying repair facility" which for the case of Tesla specifically, is the nearest Tesla Service Center, regardless of distance. We would not tow your car to a gallery store location if there is no service, nor would we take it to any non-Tesla service center since those would not be qualified repair facilities. Hopefully that clarifies that point for you.
  1. Towing Service: We will cover in total any tow of the covered Vehicle up to fifty (50) miles or less to the Selling Dealer (as long as the Selling Dealer has vehicle repair capabilities). If the Selling Dealer is located over fifty (50) miles from the disablement location, or does not have repair capabilities, then Your covered Vehicle may be towed to the nearest alternate qualifying repair facility.
X-Care is backed by AmTrust Financial/Wesco, they are one of the largest insurance banks and publicly traded. it is listed in the contract under the "Guarantee" clause (pasted below). Wesco is 100% owned and operated by AmTrust as an insurance underwriter. We worked directly with AmTrust to create the product for the Tesla community.

XI. GUARANTEE:

Our obligations and the performance to You under this Contract are guaranteed and insured by a policy issued by Wesco Insurance Company (a California approved Insurance Company), 59 Maiden Lane, 43rd Floor, New York, NY 10038, 866-505-4048.

As far as reviews, we urge everyone to share their experiences publicly, however, not everyone are active users on TMC (unfortunately) and we cannot control when customers have issues to therefore file a claim. We do have some reviews listed on our Google page that might help. xcelerate auto - Google Search,,,

There is also a couple testimonials in this thread: X-Care Extended Warranty for Model 3
"Your covered Vehicle may be towed to the nearest alternate qualifying repair facility."

What's the difference between may and will?

Reactions: Cuttin
"Your covered Vehicle may be towed to the nearest alternate qualifying repair facility."

What's the difference between may and will?

Nothing.. its pretty simple, if your nearest Tesla service center is not within 50 miles away from you, then the car will get towed to the nearest Tesla service center.

We do this quite frequently, we don't argue semantics...

XI. GUARANTEE:

Google reviews are notoriously faulty as they can be faked quiet easily.

If people post here, we can see their history. Their posts, their likes etc. Harder to manipulate. But hey everything is possible.

There is ONE guy who posted a flawless review. Red flag. Given his posting history, does not seem too legit. Another red flag.

Just doesn't make sense that no tmc members have bought xcare....

Last edited:
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Question to xcare.

Can you buy a two year and then later on buy another two year etc? Or can you only buy once.
Please show in writing.

Tesla ESA extended warranty specifically states on site you can only buy once. So you cannot buy a two year and then upgrade it to a four year. Which seems silly.

Just a side note:
If your Tesla has over 100,000 miles on it, they don't have coverage for you:(
I had an Audi A4 with 170,000 miles that I was able to get an extended warranty for. It was expensive but it gave me peace of mind(ended up about breaking even on the cost vs repairs).