Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X-Care Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adding one more data point here. Had more issues with my suspension recently with loud squeaking sound from the front (different from last time but still squeaking-like sound). This time I had relocated to California and took it to the Tesla service in Hawthorne. Compared to the service center in NY, this was a night and day difference in customer service but that's beside the point.

Tesla diagnosed it with castor/camber arms issue. They ended up replacing all 4 arms and doing a full alignment. Total cost ~$2100.

Contacted X-Care via email about payment, they asked for service advisor's email, I contacted service advisor and forwarded the email address to XCare. They made the payment within an hour (it was probably less than 30 mins but I didn't see when the total due on my Tesla app dropped to $100 until about an hour later), and I made the remaining $100 payment on the app.

The car is now good as new. Again, overall positive experience so far with XCare and considering the expenses I've had, I'm glad I got the coverage.

Only open question - My appointment also had a line item for an issue with sunroof brackets I had. At the time of service, Tesla didn't have parts to replace and they ended up making a follow up appointment for me in January when they expect to have the parts in stock.

I'm not sure if I'll need to pay the $100 deductible again for the next visit or if it would be covered under the same claim/visit I have open since it should've been taken care off in one visit if they had the parts in stock.

I'll report back after the follow up appointment.
Just now seeing this, you only have to pay the deductible once, not for subsequent visits for the same issue! Happy to have you as an XCare member! Brent

Warranty info for Model Y LR from Tesla website:

• Warranty
    Basic Vehicle - 4 years or 50,000 mi, whichever comes first
    Battery & Drive Unit - 8 years or 120,000 mi, whichever comes first
My bad. I meant the Model S since you said it was a 2021 and you bought the 8 year warranty from X-Care. Does it not already come with a couple of years warranty or was that just your best bang for your buck?

As an owner of a used MS, I bought x-care through Brent. I have used it on 3 different occasions and only had positive experiences. The claims process is painless and definitely worth it as the parts and labor are expensive. Lastly, I found the sales process to be very transparent. Thanks Brent!

My bad. I meant the Model S since you said it was a 2021 and you bought the 8 year warranty from X-Care. Does it not already come with a couple of years warranty or was that just your best bang for your buck?
Yes, the S comes with the 4 year/50k miles warranty. I buy X-Care up front as it is much cheaper rate to buy now, especially the way inflation is going these days. Also, I'll drive the 50K miles in 3 years.

Reactions: coreywgrant
@X-Care EV can you please help zoom into the exclusions? The list looks huge. Does it mean if anything that requires replacing those items is not covered by the plan? For example say the door motor goes bad and it needs replacing the latch, bolts, door and motor. So some of it will be covered some would be not? Or nothing will be covered since actual issue was in out of coverage part?

@X-Care EV can you please help zoom into the exclusions? The list looks huge. Does it mean if anything that requires replacing those items is not covered by the plan? For example say the door motor goes bad and it needs replacing the latch, bolts, door and motor. So some of it will be covered some would be not? Or nothing will be covered since actual issue was in out of coverage part?
Apologies, I did not see this question until now (must have missed it somehow) If the component that fails is covered and it needs other components (that may not be covered) to be fixed in order for Service to properly fixed the component, then yes it will all be covered. To directly answer your hypothetical, since the door motor is covered, and if Service determines that the latch needs to be replaced to properly fix the door motor, then both are covered.

Reactions: krazineurons
@X-Care EV I submitted a customized quote request around 11am - but haven't heard back. How long does the custom process take? I'm exactly at warranty date - I literally heard about you folks this morning, as I was considering buying the Tesla one.

thanks

@X-Care EV I submitted a customized quote request around 11am - but haven't heard back. How long does the custom process take? I'm exactly at warranty date - I literally heard about you folks this morning, as I was considering buying the Tesla one.

thanks
Got back to all quote requests, but not sure which was yours as the Forum uses pseudonyms. Did you get the info you were looking for?

Reactions: AxeBro
@X-Care EV
Hey Brent, just to clarify on the "30 day wait period before coverage is active", do you also have to add 1000mi to the vehicle or is it EITHER 30 days or 1000mi? Thanks.

Their T&Cs say AND. So both.

Ever since the pandemic and working from home, I put maybe 1k miles on my car every 6 months. So this would take forever to initiate :(

Reactions: redi and DerbyDave
Thanks everyone for this thread, I'm at 49,800 miles and was looking for an extended warranty.
I found a podcast called "EV-Resource"; episode 109 is a hour long interview with Brent and Milad from X-Care
I went to the X-Care website and ran a few what-if scenarios on their coverage calculator. One of many important facts is that the cost is not linear with vehicle mileage, it goes up in 10K mile increments, Thus if my car was at any mileage between 40,001 and 49,999 miles, a 4 year 50K mile policy was about $400 cheaper than if I let my car hit 50,001 miles!
So, after watching the podcast, and talking to them on the phone, for the first time in my life, I nave bought an extended vehicle warranty.
If you need one to, feel free to use my referral code: fa291919

so X-Care does not kick in when the Tesla warranty ends it kicks in when you purchase it?
Great question, hope you don't mind me "cutting in" with some help! XCare is priced lowest for lower starting miles, and is priced based on remaining factory warranty, so you never pay for coverage you are not using. On average, a Model 3/Y owner who drives average miles (12,500 per year) will save between $800 and $1400 purchasing their coverage at new vehicle delivery time as compared to equivalent coverage purchased at the end of the factory warranty. So a 10year/125k warranty purchased when the vehicle is new (basically a six year/75k miles extension) will fit this scenario perfectly. If you are a high miles-per-year driver, the savings are even greater. www.xcelerateauto.com/xcare (and make sure to scroll down the page before using the calculator for great info/FAQs, etc. Cheers! Brent