Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X-Care Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was considering purchasing one of these as the basic warranty on my 3 is expiring soon but the sample contract shows the warranty provider is actually Endurance Dealer Services, LLC. As part of due diligence, took a look at that company's BBB entry and the reviews are a bloodbath. Going to pass and self-insure which is a shame because I really wanted this to be from a reputable company and the posts and stories here seemed to indicate they were.

I was considering purchasing one of these as the basic warranty on my 3 is expiring soon but the sample contract shows the warranty provider is actually Endurance Dealer Services, LLC. As part of due diligence, took a look at that company's BBB entry and the reviews are a bloodbath. Going to pass and self-insure which is a shame because I really wanted this to be from a reputable company and the posts and stories here seemed to indicate they were.

I dunno, did you read any of those reviews? Most of the cars mentioned are like 20 year old nissan pathfinders and ford rangers...and the rest either didn't really understand what they were buying, don't understand how payments work on 3rd party warranties, or were old folks who got an advertisement letter in the mail and got confused and went to the BBB for some reason.

I take these kind of reviews with a grain of salt. Most people go online to complain, and say nothing if all is going well. I don't claim to know how warranty/insurance parties work, but I don't think I'd ever be talking to a EDS person directly....and If you look at reviews for XCare specifically, they're quite high.

I dunno, did you read any of those reviews? Most of the cars mentioned are like 20 year old nissan pathfinders and ford rangers...and the rest either didn't really understand what they were buying, don't understand how payments work on 3rd party warranties, or were old folks who got an advertisement letter in the mail and got confused and went to the BBB for some reason.

I take these kind of reviews with a grain of salt. Most people go online to complain, and say nothing if all is going well. I don't claim to know how warranty/insurance parties work, but I don't think I'd ever be talking to a EDS person directly....and If you look at reviews for XCare specifically, they're quite high.
Appreciate the perspective. Sure, some of them are like you say but when a company accumulates that many P.O.'d people regardless of whether they're mostly cranks, that's a huge red flag. And I agree that the Xcelerate folks seem good here but Xcelerate is not who the contract is with. So while their claims processing and customer service may well be great now, there's no guarantee it won't be subsumed into Endurance during the warranty period and become the experience that has generated so many complaints.

Last edited:
Reactions: outdoors
Appreciate the perspective. Sure, some of them are like you say but when a company accumulates that many P.O.'d people regardless of whether they're mostly cranks, that's a huge red flag. And I agree that the Xcelerate folks seem good here but Xcelerate is not who the contract is with. So while their claims processing and customer service may well be great now, there's no guarantee it won't be subsumed into Endurance during the warranty period and become the experience that has generated so many complaints.

Nothing is guaranteed. I'm interested in what XC has to say.

I didn't know BBB was a thing still 🤣

By the same token, I looked up a couple major companies on BBB. First four I checked were Verizon, Apple, Best Buy, Ford... ALL of them have a 1.0-1.2 rating on BBB. And they make up a massive base of consumers who are arguably generally satisfied with their products and services.

Hell, even my local bakery has a 1.0 because a jerk named "Phil" didn't like that they went cashless during covid. The tens of thousands of folks that liked their stuff didn't go to BBB to write a review, because why would they? Transaction completed, good experience, move on with pastry coma. Seeing this, though, I'm going to leave a 5 star review just to spite this "Phil" character. Because that's how easy it is to skew BBB. I don't even need to create an account.

I'm not advocating for or against XCare, but I wouldn't let BBB sway you that much. There are a looooooooot of morons out there looking for a platform to voice their displeasure with life.

Last edited:
By the same token, I looked up a couple major companies on BBB. First four I checked were Verizon, Apple, Best Buy, Ford... ALL of them have a 1.0-1.2 rating on BBB. And they make up a massive base of consumers who are arguably generally satisfied with their products and services.

Hell, even my local bakery has a 1.0 because a jerk named "Phil" didn't like that they went cashless during covid. The tens of thousands of folks that liked their stuff didn't go to BBB to write a review, because why would they? Transaction completed, good experience, move on with pastry coma. Seeing this, though, I'm going to leave a 5 star review just to spite this "Phil" character. Because that's how easy it is to skew BBB. I don't even need to create an account.

I'm not advocating for or against XCare, but I wouldn't let BBB sway you that much. There are a looooooooot of morons out there looking for a platform to voice their displeasure with life.
The bakery is hilarious - and it's the only review. Point taken about the major companies' reviews. But the BBB reviews for EDS that aren't basically content free don't paint a good picture of their business practices.

Nothing is guaranteed. I'm interested in what XC has to say.
I'd be interested in that too - I read that they are partnering with EDS for administrative services and that'd be fine but since the contract is with EDS that's what drives the doubt for me. (Edit - what is the relationship? Is Xcelerate a subsidiary of EDS or does EDS hold a significant stake?)

I'd be interested in that too - I read that they are partnering with EDS for administrative services and that'd be fine but since the contract is with EDS that's what drives the doubt for me. (Edit - what is the relationship? Is Xcelerate a subsidiary of EDS or does EDS hold a significant stake?)
Hi TMC friends, my name is Brent and I'm happy to assist and clarify some of these questions. EDS is our partner for administration of the warranty, but we have control over the customer experience, warranty claims and payment or denial of claims. Having a large and experienced staff, many trained to help our XCare customers exclusively (read: they speak EV/Tesla) allows us to give first class service to our members. We are backed by AmTrust Financial, an excellent rated insurance company (AmBest rating). We built XCare for OUR community, as we are all prior Tesla leadership and Tesla partners, we all drive Teslas and collectively we go back with the company all the way to 2011. We have cultivated an excellent reputation since 2019 in providing the absolute finest coverage, based on the Tesla ESA, and will continue to support our community.

Hi TMC friends, my name is Brent and I'm happy to assist and clarify some of these questions. EDS is our partner for administration of the warranty, but we have control over the customer experience, warranty claims and payment or denial of claims. Having a large and experienced staff, many trained to help our XCare customers exclusively (read: they speak EV/Tesla) allows us to give first class service to our members. We are backed by AmTrust Financial, an excellent rated insurance company (AmBest rating). We built XCare for OUR community, as we are all prior Tesla leadership and Tesla partners, we all drive Teslas and collectively we go back with the company all the way to 2011. We have cultivated an excellent reputation since 2019 in providing the absolute finest coverage, based on the Tesla ESA, and will continue to support our community.
Thanks for responding - asking a question in PM.

I must be missing something.

M
BBB-rating.jpg

Not a clue. But 61 complaints in 3 years more than 50% closed does not seem that bad. Like others said, search revels only complaints but of of how many claims processed ???????? If thousands then not so bad. Anyway I have look hard to find a Tesla complaint against X-care.

Going to give them a chance later this year....

M

Reactions: XCare EV
Not a clue. But 61 complaints in 3 years more than 50% closed does not seem that bad. Like others said, search revels only complaints but of of how many claims processed ???????? If thousands then not so bad. Anyway I have look hard to find a Tesla complaint against X-care.

M
I didn't find any reasonable complaints about the X-Care product after a decent amount of searching.

There was one (not on BBB) that was a misunderstanding about the pro rata refund-it's pro rata minus claims paid which is perfectly fair.

Good point about there not being a denominator of claims processed to go with the numerator of number of complaints.

Reactions: XCare EV
Had a pleasant exchange with Brent just now. It looks like Xcelerate's reputation to date doesn't merit being tarred with the brush associated with EDS-the reasons for the relationship make sense and I am inclined to give Xcelerate the benefit of the doubt. I appreciate the conversation.
The pleasure was all mine, glad we could chat and get your questions answered! Brent

Reactions: blanquito
I didn't find any reasonable complaints about the X-Care product after a decent amount of searching.

There was one (not on BBB) that was a misunderstanding about the pro rata refund-it's pro rata minus claims paid which is perfectly fair.

Good point about there not being a denominator of claims processed to go with the numerator of number of complaints.
EDS is one of the largest warranty companies in the US, processing thousands of claims. Your observation is spot on.