Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X-Care Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm interested in this warranty. Being a newer company, I'm concerned about the company being around and warranty in effect if or when I need it years from now (my Tesla still has years of the 4/50 warranty left).

I understand X-Care is backed by an insurance company. But how does that work and what protections does that provide to customers?

If X-Care ceases operations for whatever reason, what happens exactly?

1. The coverage and claims process remains the same but it's administered by someone else?

2. I get a full refund?

3. I get a pro-rated refund calculated in accordance with current terms.

4. Something else?

The company has been chiming in here regularly, so perhaps they will provide an answer for all. If not, I'll give them a call and share their answer here.

Reactions: vapor trail
I'm interested in this warranty. Being a newer company, I'm concerned about the company being around and warranty in effect if or when I need it years from now (my Tesla still has years of the 4/50 warranty left).

I understand X-Care is backed by an insurance company. But how does that work and what protections does that provide to customers?

1. The coverage and claims process remains the same but it's administered by someone else?

2. I get a full refund?

4. Something else?

The company has been chiming in here regularly, so perhaps they will provide an answer for all. If not, I'll give them a call and share their answer here.
Good morning, and happy to help!

XCare is wholly owned by Xcelerate Auto LLC, a partner of Tesla in the business leasing space since 2014.
We are backed by AmTrust Financial, an AMBest "excellent" rated insurance and finance company.
XCare is one of the fastest growing warranty companies in the country, and the only warranty designed specifically for EVs/Tesla.
If we were to cease operations, AmTrust is contractually obligated to service our warranties. This is done to protect our members, and all terms and coverages would remain the same.
At any time during your membership in XCare, you can either cancel and receive a prorated refund, or transfer coverage to a private buyer for a $50 cancellation/transfer fee.

Thanks for the excellent questions, and the opportunity to address them publicly in this forum. We believe in engagement and transparency with OUR community, as we are all Tesla drivers, former Tesla leadership and partners, and are dedicated to putting "more butts in EV seats."

Have a great day, and again thanks for reaching out to us! Brent @ XCare

2. I get a full refund?

4. Something else?

On an unrelated note, I grew up for a time in Lynn and Beverly on the Northshore. Love the Boston area.

Reactions: dorcse
Good morning, and happy to help!

XCare is wholly owned by Xcelerate Auto LLC, a partner of Tesla in the business leasing space since 2014.

We are backed by AmTrust Financial, an AMBest "excellent" rated insurance and finance company.

XCare is one of the fastest growing warranty companies in the country, and the only warranty designed specifically for EVs/Tesla.

If we were to cease operations, AmTrust is contractually obligated to service our warranties. This is done to protect our members, and all terms and coverages would remain the same.

At any time during your membership in XCare, you can either cancel and receive a prorated refund, or transfer coverage to a private buyer for a $50 cancellation/transfer fee.

Thanks for the excellent questions, and the opportunity to address them publicly in this forum. We believe in engagement and transparency with OUR community, as we are all Tesla drivers, former Tesla leadership and partners, and are dedicated to putting "more butts in EV seats."

Have a great day, and again thanks for reaching out to us! Brent @ XCare

Hello,

Thanks to Brent for participating on this forum. I purchased the X-Care warranty last September as a result of your information posted here. I have a question for you, posted here because the answer may be of interest to others.

I am presently six months into the 84-month X-Care contract. I recently pulled my sunglass case out of the cubby at the front of the console, and found sticky liquid on it. Further investigation revealed bubbles around the edge of the center screen.

So, it looks like I need the center screen replaced. I *think* that would be covered under the X-Care warranty. Here's my question:

I would like to do the MCU-2 upgrade. Would X-Care be willing to pay for the cost of replacing an MCU-1 screen (less deductible, of course), and let me pay the rest of the cost of the MCU-2 upgrade? If so, how would we handle the details?

Thank you in advance.

John Cutter

Reactions: XCare EV
Hi John, and thanks for the very kind words. Its very important to us to remain actively engaged in our community, and we love to hear that being the difference people seek when purchasing protection for their cars. Very grateful and humbled.

MCU is definitely a covered item, and if it needs to be replaced you can upgrade to MCU2 for the difference in price.

Have a great day, and thanks again for allowing us to share with the community! Brent @ XCare

Hi TMC Community, Brent here with XCare, happy to help.

XCare is modeled after the Tesla ESA, and has the same exclusions and is available to all Tesla owners (S3XY).

I don't wish to bad talk others providers on this forum, so see attached copy of ASC/EVolve warranty.

I will only point out one thing on their contract to answer the battery coverage question:

Page 2, about 8 lines down MAXIMUM PAYOUT ON BATTERIES INCLUDING PARTS AND LABOR NOT TO EXCEED $100

Keep in mind, it doesn't matter what the salesperson tells you on the phone, all that matters is the contract.

We're here to help. www.xcelerateauto.com/xcare

Attachments

• ASC:EVolve warranty.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 108
Something that is excluded in the EVolve contract that I don't think is in the XCare is lighting. So, no coverage for headlights/taillights/etc. (I know I have seen people have their headlights replaced under an XCare contract.)

If you read the XC terms I believe the term used was bulbs are not included. However, we use integrated LEDs so our headlights/tailights are included. Maybe somebody with the conditions handy can post it.

Reactions: MP3Mike
If you read the XC terms I believe the term used was bulbs are not included. However, we use integrated LEDs so our headlights/tailights are included. Maybe somebody with the conditions handy can post it.
I'm pretty sure you are correct. So XCare wouldn't cover replacing a burnt out halogen (?) bulb that some of the older Model Ss used in the headlights.

Reactions: XCare EV
I'm pretty sure you are correct. So XCare wouldn't cover replacing a burnt out halogen (?) bulb that some of the older Model Ss used in the headlights.
In the newer HID headlights the headlight and housing are one contiguous unit and they are covered. If the first gen Halogen bulb can be serviced/replaced then it isn't covered, but if the construction of the headlight is like the HID headlight and cannot be serviced than XCare would cover the replacement. Happy to chime in, have a great weekend TMC community! Brent @ XCare

Reactions: ngng and MP3Mike
I'm not someone who typically purchases extended warranties, but after debating it for well over a year decided to buy a 3 year/50,000 mile XCare policy last fall for my 2016 Model S just before it hit the upper mileage limit of 125,000 for XCare policies. The positive reviews on here were one of the deciding factors.

I drove the Tesla to Florida last month, and the temperature got into the middle to upper 80s while we were there. The AC wasn't blowing cold, so I took it to the Tesla Service Center after returning home. The car needed a new condenser and several supplemental AC parts. I also had a headlight replaced (the dreaded eyebrow burn out) and a few other minor things done. All were covered by the XCare policy with no hassles. I had the estimate approved by XCare and received the reimbursement check less the $100 deductible in roughly 10 days after submitting the final invoice (I guess XCare typically pays the service center directly, but the service center asked me to pay for some reason, and XCare said that was OK and that they'd send a check after the work was done).

Based on my experience so far, I couldn't give a higher recommendation. The process was very efficient, XCare was very responsive, and everything was handled quickly and professionally. I usually don't provide feedback for excellent service because that's what I expect, but I know how hesitant I was before finally deciding to purchase the policy and wanted to pass on my experience for others who may also be on the fence.

I'm not someone who typically purchases extended warranties, but after debating it for well over a year decided to buy a 3 year/50,000 mile XCare policy last fall for my 2016 Model S just before it hit the upper mileage limit of 125,000 for XCare policies. The positive reviews on here were one of the deciding factors.

I drove the Tesla to Florida last month, and the temperature got into the middle to upper 80s while we were there. The AC wasn't blowing cold, so I took it to the Tesla Service Center after returning home. The car needed a new condenser and several supplemental AC parts. I also had a headlight replaced (the dreaded eyebrow burn out) and a few other minor things done. All were covered by the XCare policy with no hassles. I had the estimate approved by XCare and received the reimbursement check less the $100 deductible in roughly 10 days after submitting the final invoice (I guess XCare typically pays the service center directly, but the service center asked me to pay for some reason, and XCare said that was OK and that they'd send a check after the work was done).

Based on my experience so far, I couldn't give a higher recommendation. The process was very efficient, XCare was very responsive, and everything was handled quickly and professionally. I usually don't provide feedback for excellent service because that's what I expect, but I know how hesitant I was before finally deciding to purchase the policy and wanted to pass on my experience for others who may also be on the fence.
We so very appreciate your sharing on the forum your experience with XCare! We call our customers "members" because we believe we are all in this together. We take care of the community because its OUR tribe. You rock for sharing this, have a great weekend! Brent @ XCare

Reactions: Dublin 'Eer
Going through a 2nd claim now with X-Care. So far X-Care has been pretty easy to work with, however Tesla Burbank not so much. They ended up refusing to work directly with x-care so there were several back and forth with the service advisor when the estimate didn’t have the enough information for X-Care to approve the repairs and I had to quarterback it. So not a seamless process by any means if your service center is problematic with third party warranties. I didn’t have any issues at Van Nuys on my prior claim, so I now know which service center I will be using next time.

So be aware that depending on your service center, the process can be easy or hard as all things Tesla service related it seems.