Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X-Care Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going through a 2nd claim now with X-Care. So far X-Care has been pretty easy to work with, however Tesla Burbank not so much. They ended up refusing to work directly with x-care so there were several back and forth with the service advisor when the estimate didn’t have the enough information for X-Care to approve the repairs and I had to quarterback it. So not a seamless process by any means if your service center is problematic with third party warranties. I didn’t have any issues at Van Nuys on my prior claim, so I now know which service center I will be using next time.

So be aware that depending on your service center, the process can be easy or hard as all things Tesla service related it seems.
Yes, sometimes individual service advisors can be a hassle to deal with for sure. We reimburse for covered repairs within 7-10 business days, so many of our members choose to put it on their credit card (miles/points/cashback) and then get reimbursed. Win-win and no hassle with Tesla.

IMHO I would not ask them to work with a 3rd party warranty company. I would act like I WAS PAYING and then submit docs to x-care. IMHO. Brent can probably shed light on the process.

M
Yes, many of our members choose this route when Tesla service doesn't cooperate. Frankly we don't see this that often, and lots of SCs actually refer their customers to XCare (hush hush of course, as they're not supposed to advocate for 3rd parties).

FWIW, two of the service centers in Ohio (Lyndhurst and Akron) gave me no issues with X-Care. I openly let them know I'm using it and they have accommodated with no problem.
Thanks for sharing this, and as more SCs get used to our approach we're hearing this more and more! We're virtually the unofficial ESA at this point for many in the community, and growing every day. Thanks for allowing us to help! Brent @ XCare

@X-Care EV - I am a little confused by the FAQ on your website, does the extended warranty also extend the entire bumper to bumper when it comes to the battery and drive unit?

Or is it that it's like the original factory bumper-to-bumper except the battery and drivetrain warranty from Tesla expires whenever it normally does and doesn't fall under the XCarre extended warranty?

@X-Care EV - I am a little confused by the FAQ on your website, does the extended warranty also extend the entire bumper to bumper when it comes to the battery and drive unit?

Or is it that it's like the original factory bumper-to-bumper except the battery and drivetrain warranty from Tesla expires whenever it normally does and doesn't fall under the XCarre extended warranty?

The website states that the warranty is similar to the OEM vehicle warranty....covers vehicle systems excluding the HV battery and Drive Unit(s).

They are working on a separate warranty for the HV Battery and DU that would cover those items, just like Tesla. Right now, no nation-wide organization offers a battery/du warranty that I'm aware of. There are specific shops that offer it, but if you don't live nearby, you're shipping your car to them at your expense.

Sending thanks to Brent at XCare!

I had been contemplating signing up for this and decided to move forward today to get extended coverage for my 2022 Model 3LR. Brent was very helpful and responsive in answering a few final questions via email before I went ahead and purchased and paid for XCare online (which was surprisingly quick and easy to do.)

Reactions: XCare EV
Sending thanks to Brent at XCare!

I had been contemplating signing up for this and decided to move forward today to get extended coverage for my 2022 Model 3LR. Brent was very helpful and responsive in answering a few final questions via email before I went ahead and purchased and paid for XCare online (which was surprisingly quick and easy to do.)
So very happy to help, and welcome to XCare!

As of the moment, their web site says 1012 claims paid. One may infer the vehicles they cover are fairly reliable (maybe very reliable). Claim value average is under 2k per claim. This may be helpful to ponder to decide buying vs self insure.

We have to realize they will make a profit, which is a good thing. So in my case, like pet insurance, it is hoping I never use the coverage vs the value of a more fixed cost estimate over the policy term compared against self insure.

Personally, I have 2k miles before the next price bump if I buy xcare. 23 M3. We keep vehicles long term (15 years avg) and are usually 5k miles annual per vehicle. This puts us always looking at time rather than mileage. So the longer xcare will add 5 years of coverage at under 600 per year if we buy in the next year.

I hope xcare wins on us, but of they don’t, that is fine too. Meaning we are going to buy for the $50 a month peace of mind.

As of the moment, their web site says 1012 claims paid. One may infer the vehicles they cover are fairly reliable (maybe very reliable). Claim value average is under 2k per claim. This may be helpful to ponder to decide buying vs self insure.

We have to realize they will make a profit, which is a good thing. So in my case, like pet insurance, it is hoping I never use the coverage vs the value of a more fixed cost estimate over the policy term compared against self insure.

Personally, I have 2k miles before the next price bump if I buy xcare. 23 M3. We keep vehicles long term (15 years avg) and are usually 5k miles annual per vehicle. This puts us always looking at time rather than mileage. So the longer xcare will add 5 years of coverage at under 600 per year if we buy in the next year.

I hope xcare wins on us, but of they don’t, that is fine too. Meaning we are going to buy for the $50 a month peace of mind.
Looking forward to welcoming you to the XCare Community! Hit me up with any questions at [email protected]

had great experience as well, replaced charging port, got reimbursed in a timely manner, acknowledging i was a bit hesitant when i was purchasing the coverage., I do think the claims process can be improved just becase there's so many back and forth. Would recommend!
Our XCare claims Debit Card is coming soon. Use it just like a regular credit card at Service checkout. Always innovating to make things easier! Brent

I ended up buying full-on 7 year coverage for my S P90D. I've been a naysayer of extended warranties in the past, but I feel as though x-care specifically is as close to a factory warranty as you can get, with the ability to take your car to 3rd parties as well (which comes in handy when your car is modified like mine).

The fact that I can get a pro-rated refund if I wreck/sell the car was the deicing factor to me. It's not a sunk cost at that point.

'Self-Insuring' (aka just rolling with the punches) is fine if you choose to do that, however I intend to keep the car very long term, and the cost of X-Care helps me feel more confident doing that. I'm very confident doing my own maintenance on my E46 and other cars, however there are many things on the S that I truly can't do myself because they're VIN-locked or require Toolkit...and I'm at an age where I don't have the time to deal with that nonsense.

Our XCare claims Debit Card is coming soon. Use it just like a regular credit card at Service checkout. Always innovating to make things easier! Brent

That's actually quite cool.

• Love
I ended up buying full-on 7 year coverage for my S P90D. I've been a naysayer of extended warranties in the past, but I feel as though x-care specifically is as close to a factory warranty as you can get, with the ability to take your car to 3rd parties as well (which comes in handy when your car is modified like mine).

The fact that I can get a pro-rated refund if I wreck/sell the car was the deicing factor to me. It's not a sunk cost at that point.

'Self-Insuring' (aka just rolling with the punches) is fine if you choose to do that, however I intend to keep the car very long term, and the cost of X-Care helps me feel more confident doing that. I'm very confident doing my own maintenance on my E46 and other cars, however there are many things on the S that I truly can't do myself because they're VIN-locked or require Toolkit...and I'm at an age where I don't have the time to deal with that nonsense.

That's actually quite cool.
Yep, I've seen a few on this thread that advise against getting coverage, and I understand their arguments. I also know that if/when the people they are advising to not get coverage are faced with a big service bill, they're not going to send along their credit card to help :)

As a well trained, but many years ago, service pro, I rarely have anyone fix my stuff. Last time was a warranty issue in 1989, and the fresh face tech burned a cigarette hole in a seat. I have had parts paid by warranty with a signed letter absolving warranty of further claims on the item and absolving on my work. I am not getting younger so I know there will come a day I have to let go, and I am good with $50 a month for peace of mind and if needed, reimbursement. It is also peace of mind should we pass the vehicle along to one of our kids, which seems to be our norm.

I suspect those who buy are taking top care of their vehicle, so their claim rate may be slightly lower than the norm, but the apparent low claim rate is a good sign for all owners. I like how the pricing is under, but close to Tesla’s price. A big difference would be alarming for longevity and accuracy. Xcare wins, for me, because of their willingness to go longer term time and mileage.

We bought a different brand “Covid” vehicle. Added on the manufacturer is extended 8 year (total) from a different dealer (who sells them online at a discount). Same deal, hope not to use it, but we know we will use up the years so the —1800 cost is a bargain to us to add 3 more years (sharp readers will likely catch the price for the other vehicle is -600 a year).

Do we have a battery degradation related warranty coverage with X-Care?, i.e replace battery if it drops below X %?
XCare is releasing Battery and Drive Unit coverage this year for vehicles 2016 and newer with <100k miles at time of coverage.
The coverage will be available up to 250k miles, as part of XCare or as a stand alone product (for Tesla only) in most states.
Our coverage will have the same standard as Tesla, 70% capacity or less for replacement. Pricing is still being developed.

Reactions: Tesomega