Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X Easter Eggs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to get answers for this issue on another thread, but no one seemed to know what it was, so I am trying the Easter egg thread.

Okay, this weird thing happens if I have my trunk open on my MX when I am packing the car. If I leave the trunk (rear hatch) open and go to grab some more things to pack and come back a minute or two later, the MX delivers three very loud warning beeps for no apparent reason. It's odd, because all the chimes and beeps for other things on the MX are fairly quiet, but these are really loud.... they make me jump each time it happens. Does anyone know what these loud beeps mean? I would love to find a way to turn the beeps off, because it is kinda annoying when packing for a trip.

I tried to get answers for this issue on another thread, but no one seemed to know what it was, so I am trying the Easter egg thread.

Okay, this weird thing happens if I have my trunk open on my MX when I am packing the car. If I leave the trunk (rear hatch) open and go to grab some more things to pack and come back a minute or two later, the MX delivers three very loud warning beeps for no apparent reason. It's odd, because all the chimes and beeps for other things on the MX are fairly quiet, but these are really loud.... they make me jump each time it happens. Does anyone know what these loud beeps mean? I would love to find a way to turn the beeps off, because it is kinda annoying when packing for a trip.
Assuming the key is in your pocket?

I
@K-MTG: The latest SW rev 20.60 allows you to (finally) open the charge port with the button on the charge cable.
I have that feature with 2.20.45. There is a delay between press and open, during which I can be seen waving the cable about and clicking the button a few more times and reaching with my left hand to touch the port cover to open. This scene usually ends with the port cover swinging open and hitting either the cable in my right or my left hand finger.

This probably does not belong in Easter Egg thread. I have experienced it twice, both when placing golf clubs in trunk and then turning away to grab more gear, hear beeping sound but then the trunk starts to close, almost hit back of my head each time. Have not been able to replicate it, think perhaps was inadvertently pressing fob in pocket while picking up luggage. That means fob is quite sensitive. Maybe answer for me is to wear looser pants.