Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X free charging , will it return.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, newbie just joined. I am wondering what people are thinking regarding the possibility of lifetime charging coming back to the Model X? I missed the boat by not getting one before June 30th. Now I’m thinking if I wait until battery day he might throw us a bone, any thoughts?
It is worth pennies when you compare it to the Model X price. Unless you're doing 300+ miles a day everyday forever then it's simply something to just not care about.

I've had my Tesla for 1.5 years and I've only supercharged 54 times for ~$200.

Hi, newbie just joined. I am wondering what people are thinking regarding the possibility of lifetime charging coming back to the Model X?

I'm pretty sure Elon said that lifetime will never come back, because it isn't sustainable.

I missed the boat by not getting one before June 30th.

Was that lifetime FUSC, or was that just for one year?

Was that lifetime FUSC, or was that just for one year?

Lifetime, but only for the first owner. It’s not transferable (as in - doesn’t go with the car if the car is sold.)

We snagged FUSC on ours and it’s inspired a huge road trip (about 5400 miles!) for August. Going to make the most of it!

Everyone's power cost is different, but on my old S I put 30,000 miles on that car road tripping, and about 20,000 of those miles were from the supercharger network. According to TeslaFi I saved about $900 compared to if I had done that charging at home.

Nice chunk of change, but unless you are putting tens of thousands of supercharger miles on your Tesla over many years, not really that much.

Yes, Elon did say that last year, so I figured it was never coming back, pulled the trigger on a performance X. Took delivery a day before the 3750 tax credit expired. Two weeks later ludicrous was included in the price and two weeks after that free supercharging was back. Talk about wanting to puke. To the op there is no telling what Elon will do and you can’t really go by what he says anyway.[

Reactions: 5JMJ
I'm pretty sure Elon said that lifetime will never come back, because it isn't sustainable.

That one is filed under “Things Elon Says”. Like the loaners better than your car for all, etc. They have been regularly bringing back the lifetime supercharging for S and X buyers for various end of quarter promotions. It’s an easy demand lever.