Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X has dimples

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone notice the dimples on the front bumper just below the tesla logo... I thought maybe mine was a fluke in manufacturing but i was at the dealership dropping it off for repairs and mentioned it. We walked to a few other X's and they all had the dimples. I guess that's just the way it is. i guess i'll call it "cute"

Anyone notice the dimples on the front bumper just below the tesla logo... I thought maybe mine was a fluke in manufacturing but i was at the dealership dropping it off for repairs and mentioned it. We walked to a few other X's and they all had the dimples. I guess that's just the way it is. i guess i'll call it "cute"

Aero like golf balls or strange looking bike time trial helmets maybe.....o_O

That's 2.0 hardware. They are called radars

Wow, good news for you, new hardware. My early model has no dimples, but my dog does.
IMG_0073.JPG

I'm not sure if we're seeing the same thing or not. I noticed my X has a slight concave depression in the exact center of the front valence below the T logo (only one, which is why I'm not 100% sure if it's the same thing.)

I worried about it after I saw it, but then I found it in a bunch of photos online. I'm not 100% certain if it is on all cars, but it's subtle enough to be easily missed (I happened to be going back and forth downhill of the car, and caught the distortion of reflected objects on the ground.)

It appears to be a deliberate and common feature. My speculation is that this is where the radar is mounted and they wanted a more perpendicular face for it, but I could easily be wrong. I don't think it'll have a significant impact aerodynamically, and I can't think of another reason to have it.

Where are you at Op?

Picture? VIN? Date built?

My car is at tesla right now. For u go to your X look under the tesla logo on the front bumper maybe 1 inch to left and right, there are two slight indentations. Some are more pronounced then others.

Mine depresses on each side about the size of a dime. Barely noticeable but at the right angle it stands out like a sore thumb.

Sorry no pics.

Aesculus has it right.

Ontop of that don't get me started on another imperfection that is a defect that no one has caught on to. I'm tall so I caught it but it's one of those once you see it it'll drive u nuts. I told tesla to fix it on my car.

Last edited:
I've always sort of felt it when I washed the car. Now I just went to see it and yes there they are, vertically dented below the logo, 2 of them. I tried to capture it on my phone but it's very hard to do. At most you can just kind of see the the reflection is messed up. It's pretty obvious to the eyes though.

Went out to look at the car earlier and noticed the dimples, now I can't unsee it. Just like the ghosting issue. o_O

Noticed these yesterday and searched today. I thought someone backed into me but apparently it’s supposed to be like this. Can’t unsee.

Someone should quickly delete this thread or splatter a public service warning of DO NOT LOOK FOR IT. DONT DO IT!!!