TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

X Just Updated to 2019.8.3 Sentry mode & Stop light warning added

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Blacktess, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Blacktess

Blacktess Member

Just Updated Model X to 2019.8.3

IMG_0239.jpg IMG_0240.jpg IMG_0241.jpg

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • Love x 1
  2. Dr.Will

Dr.Will Member

This is for AP 2.5+?

3. Blacktess

Blacktess Member

• Like x 1
  4. Seattle Tom

Seattle Tom Member

Screw you and your 2.5. Nah, just kidding!

Good news that the updates have finally started reaching Xs! Hope it’s coming to HW2, though I honestly doubt we’ll ever see it...now I know how the AP1 guys feel!

• Like x 2
  5. xxinfini

xxinfini Member

well, i have AP 2.5 and yesterday i found out that AP 3.0 Xs showed up........

• Funny x 2
  6. Dr.Will

Dr.Will Member

AP2.0 here.. disappointed that sentry won’t be happening for us. Oh well.. first world problems

7. Doctt

Doctt Member

What do u expect?

S/X are already the second class citizens

AP2 S/X are even worse. Elon already moves on from AP2.

When AP3 comes out, the M3 and AP2.5 owners will join us. They are reasonable and happy nowadays. Let’s see how many of them are going to complain about lack of new features or delayed Firmware updates in the future

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  8. bmms8

bmms8 Member

The struggle of un-promised free software updates lol. Every hour must feel like a year for those whining

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  9. Doutt

Doutt Member

10. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

Now you will know how we feel!

11. Doctt

Doctt Member

U are wrong. Elon said the sentry mode was for AP2+. Well documented. Now it turns out sentry mode is for AP2.5+.

It was NOT un-promised!

Traffic night monitoring was also promised for AP2. So was speed limit sign recognition

I am fine with FSD because I did not buy it.

Don’t tell me I am whining. I just want him to be accountable for his words. In fact, even an sincere apology is good enough for many AP2 owners.

• Like x 1
  12. bmms8

bmms8 Member

If youre new to Elon taking back words then i dont know what to tell you.

My point to begin with was, you were not promised this feature when you bought the car. You in fact did not pay for it..

13. Doctt

Doctt Member

Of course I know. It does not make it right.

• Disagree x 2
  14. bayx

bayx Member

Does anyone know what AP3 is capable of or why it's required? What's the difference between HW3 and AP3? Presumably those who bought FSD get HW3, if Elon's tweets are to be trusted, that is!

• Like x 1
  15. spectrum

spectrum Member

AP3 isn’t a thing. The term describes an evolution of the Autopilot software that will eventually be enable Full Self Driving. There is no cutoff for AP3, it’s just sort of a loose term given to denote the next generation of Autopilot. We are kind of entering the AP3 phase already with Advanced Summon, Navigate on Autopilot, etc.

HW3 (Hardware 3) is the latest Autopilot computer. It’s in fact the fourth generation and is much much faster than HW2.5 (nearly every new Tesla had until last week or so).

HW2.5 is used interchangeably with AP2.5 but it’s in fact the third generation of the Autopilot computer. HW2/AP2 was the second generation and introduced the camera-based Autopilot system that Tesla went to after AP1/HW1, which was the initial, MobileEye system in first generation Teslas.

I know it’s confusing but I hope it helps! Anyone, please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

16. Tkun

Tkun Member

I received HW3 in my Model X this past week and found out that the software has dashcam disabled for now. I guess I feel like the original AP2.0 owners that found some of their software capabilities gimped while they try to catch up.

Long story short, you aren’t missing anything right now. :)

• Like x 1
  17. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I have owned Teslas for over 6 years. During that time I have received numerous significant features after taking delivery, features that I could not even imagine having when I bought the car.

No other car manufacturer does that for their customers. It’s truly an amazing thing that now Tesla owners take for granted.

I have an X with AP 2.0. I am not complaining that I did not get Sentry Mode, and if I did complain I would hope that my spouse would tell me is was acting foolishly. I am very happy with my X, which has received many new features via firmware updates during the nearly two years I have owned it.

• Like x 1
  18. bmms8

bmms8 Member

I couldn’t have said it any better :)

19. asterix007

asterix007 Member

New M3 owner, received the 2019.8.3 update 1 day ago. Now the Auto Steer won't work on freeways it used to.
    Do these new updates need some calibration time?

• Funny x 1