Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X Just Updated to 2019.8.3 Sentry mode & Stop light warning added

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just Updated Model X to 2019.8.3

IMG_0239.jpg
IMG_0240.jpg
IMG_0241.jpg

AP2.0 here.. disappointed that sentry won’t be happening for us. Oh well.. first world problems
What do u expect?

S/X are already the second class citizens

AP2 S/X are even worse. Elon already moves on from AP2.

When AP3 comes out, the M3 and AP2.5 owners will join us. They are reasonable and happy nowadays. Let’s see how many of them are going to complain about lack of new features or delayed Firmware updates in the future

The struggle of un-promised free software updates lol. Every hour must feel like a year for those whining
U are wrong. Elon said the sentry mode was for AP2+. Well documented. Now it turns out sentry mode is for AP2.5+.

It was NOT un-promised!

Traffic night monitoring was also promised for AP2. So was speed limit sign recognition

I am fine with FSD because I did not buy it.

Don’t tell me I am whining. I just want him to be accountable for his words. In fact, even an sincere apology is good enough for many AP2 owners.

Reactions: MIT_S60
U are wrong. Elon said the sentry mode was for AP2+. Well documented. Now it turns out sentry mode is for AP2.5+.

It was NOT un-promised!

Traffic night monitoring was also promised for AP2. So was speed limit sign recognition

I am fine with FSD because I did not buy it.

Don’t tell me I am whining. I just want him to be accountable for his words. In fact, even an sincere apology is good enough for many AP2 owners.

If youre new to Elon taking back words then i dont know what to tell you.

My point to begin with was, you were not promised this feature when you bought the car. You in fact did not pay for it..

Does anyone know what AP3 is capable of or why it's required? What's the difference between HW3 and AP3? Presumably those who bought FSD get HW3, if Elon's tweets are to be trusted, that is!

AP3 isn’t a thing. The term describes an evolution of the Autopilot software that will eventually be enable Full Self Driving. There is no cutoff for AP3, it’s just sort of a loose term given to denote the next generation of Autopilot. We are kind of entering the AP3 phase already with Advanced Summon, Navigate on Autopilot, etc.

HW3 (Hardware 3) is the latest Autopilot computer. It’s in fact the fourth generation and is much much faster than HW2.5 (nearly every new Tesla had until last week or so).

HW2.5 is used interchangeably with AP2.5 but it’s in fact the third generation of the Autopilot computer. HW2/AP2 was the second generation and introduced the camera-based Autopilot system that Tesla went to after AP1/HW1, which was the initial, MobileEye system in first generation Teslas.

I know it’s confusing but I hope it helps! Anyone, please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

well, i have AP 2.5 and yesterday i found out that AP 3.0 Xs showed up........
I received HW3 in my Model X this past week and found out that the software has dashcam disabled for now. I guess I feel like the original AP2.0 owners that found some of their software capabilities gimped while they try to catch up.

Long story short, you aren’t missing anything right now. :)

Reactions: Fiver
My point to begin with was, you were not promised this feature when you bought the car. You in fact did not pay for it..
Of course I know. It does not make it right.
I have owned Teslas for over 6 years. During that time I have received numerous significant features after taking delivery, features that I could not even imagine having when I bought the car.

No other car manufacturer does that for their customers. It’s truly an amazing thing that now Tesla owners take for granted.

I have an X with AP 2.0. I am not complaining that I did not get Sentry Mode, and if I did complain I would hope that my spouse would tell me is was acting foolishly. I am very happy with my X, which has received many new features via firmware updates during the nearly two years I have owned it.

Reactions: bmms8
I have owned Teslas for over 6 years. During that time I have received numerous significant features after taking delivery, features that I could not even imagine having when I bought the car.

No other car manufacturer does that for their customers. It’s truly an amazing thing that now Tesla owners take for granted.

I have an X with AP 2.0. I am not complaining that I did not get Sentry Mode, and if I did complain I would hope that my spouse would tell me is was acting foolishly. I am very happy with my X, which has received many new features via firmware updates during the nearly two years I have owned it.

I couldn’t have said it any better :)