Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X ordered!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had been ignoring Teslas for the longest time, knowing full well if I drove one I'd buy one. Well, I finally hung out with enough CA friends with Teslas that I decided to give back my BMW X5 40e and I ordered a MX 100D. Metallic Silver (special now! ha), cream, 7 seater, 20". I waffled back and forth with the darker grey, which is what I have now, but it seems every X I see in NY is dark grey so this way I'll find my car easier in a big lot.

Not new to EV's having had the 40e, but I'm ready to bump up my infrastructure a little and switch from my L2 Chargepoint to a HPWC with a larger circuit to charge faster. Luckily I got in before the 16th, so I get my free supercharging and my referrer is giving me the wall charger he'll receive.

Really looking forward to giving back my ICEy BMW and picking up my X this fall. Ordered 7th Sept, Confirmed 10th, had VIN on 15th, all entered in to spreadsheet. Hoping for earlier than a Nov delivery as that seems too far away!

I ordered my MX on 9/1 and it was listed as late September delivery. I have had the VIN but no word on production. Thinking late September is not going to happen. Like Tom Petty said....the waiting is the hardest part. I guess the good news is you can buy youth for 100k or so because I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!

I ordered my MX on 9/1 and it was listed as late September delivery. I have had the VIN but no word on production. Thinking late September is not going to happen. Like Tom Petty said....the waiting is the hardest part. I guess the good news is you can buy youth for 100k or so because I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!

When I was configuring it showed late Sep, but I decided to test drive and by that time the date pushed to NOV. Skipped Oct, which I have read has something to do with the quarter and intl' deliveries. My lease on my current X5 isn't up until mid Nov so it might be perfect timing, but I wouldn't be unhappy to have both vehicles for a couple months.

I tried to get a feel for timing based on the google doc here (ordering), but it doesn't seem like there's enough orders to be able to see trends on expected delivery dates.

When I was configuring it showed late Sep, but I decided to test drive and by that time the date pushed to NOV. Skipped Oct, which I have read has something to do with the quarter and intl' deliveries. My lease on my current X5 isn't up until mid Nov so it might be perfect timing, but I wouldn't be unhappy to have both vehicles for a couple months.

I tried to get a feel for timing based on the google doc here (ordering), but it doesn't seem like there's enough orders to be able to see trends on expected delivery dates.

The only trend I see is that the deliveries of the S and X's have just about stopped.

I had been ignoring Teslas for the longest time, knowing full well if I drove one I'd buy one. Well, I finally hung out with enough CA friends with Teslas that I decided to give back my BMW X5 40e and I ordered a MX 100D. Metallic Silver (special now! ha), cream, 7 seater, 20". I waffled back and forth with the darker grey, which is what I have now, but it seems every X I see in NY is dark grey so this way I'll find my car easier in a big lot.

Not new to EV's having had the 40e, but I'm ready to bump up my infrastructure a little and switch from my L2 Chargepoint to a HPWC with a larger circuit to charge faster. Luckily I got in before the 16th, so I get my free supercharging and my referrer is giving me the wall charger he'll receive.

Really looking forward to giving back my ICEy BMW and picking up my X this fall. Ordered 7th Sept, Confirmed 10th, had VIN on 15th, all entered in to spreadsheet. Hoping for earlier than a Nov delivery as that seems too far away!
Congrats! Totally know what you mean by trying to avoid driving one...once you hit that step, there's no going back! I had watched so many videos, read so many articles, but knew that once I went out and did a legit test drive, that I'd have to buy one. :)