Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X P100d vs S P100d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
assume you have both an X and an S which are non p and you were offered a P100d, which would you choose?

The car analogy would normally reign supreme due to performance characteristics but assuming it doesn't get to the racetrack and mainly street. Would the unprecedented revolutionary performance from an SUV barely lighter than a suburban be what makes you choose it instead?

I guess it depends on what is important to you. The S is slightly faster, handles slightly better, and brakes slightly better.

The X is a more comfortable place to be, easier to get into/out of, better visibility, more headroom, etc.

For myself, both cars are far more than I've ever had or expect to need on the street, so I'd take the more comfortable environment of the X.

it's not a fair comparison. would u rather buy a bmw x5 or m3 sedan? they're in two different classes. i would buy the car that best suits your lifestyle and your wants.

i bought a model x because i tried the model s and x and preferred the seating height, the visibility, the comfortable interior and spacious back seating. the model s looks better in my opinion and has better range and acceleration for the p100D, but i cant get over the interior and seating height compared to the model x.

Reactions: goneskiian

Imagine being in the back of the 7
it's not a fair comparison. would u rather buy a bmw x5 or m3 sedan? they're in two different classes. i would buy the car that best suits your lifestyle and your wants.

i bought a model x because i tried the model s and x and preferred the seating height, the visibility, the comfortable interior and spacious back seating. the model s looks better in my opinion and has better range and acceleration for the p100D, but i cant get over the interior and seating height compared to the model x.

Remember you already have both on a non-performance models. It's also not really an x5/m3 comparison as the performance are really close on the Teslas.

This is an extra vehicle just to have. Though this is not a serious consideration and just couldn't make up my mind ever since I heard about the p100d's

Imagine being in the back of the 7

Remember you already have both on a non-performance models. It's also not really an x5/m3 comparison as the performance are really close on the Teslas.

This is an extra vehicle just to have. Though this is not a serious consideration and just couldn't make up my mind ever since I heard about the p100d's

dude if you have money to spend and use the p100D model x or s as an extra vehicle, why not buy both? jk

let's say everything is fair; you get a x5 and m3 that both have similar specs in acceleration and mile range/mpg (i know this isn't going to happen); which car would u prefer? personally for me, it was the suv. i like the height and the interior.

Well the x is certainly a better vehicle for me. I prefer it to my s any day of the week but don't know if the extra performance of the s would outweigh the X.

When you think sub 3 second 0-60 times, no one really expects it to be a 7 seater SUV and I'm wondering if there are circumstances where one would regret getting the x over the s.

or having the model x in a tight garage? I would test drive the model x- you will love it. it's amazing and so futuristic.

I have the S and the X. I also have a model 3 reservation for when the S retires.

I'm just debating (wishful thinking really) between the p100d S vs X and which to choose if one were to get it.

I wonder if the model 3 performance will be a p100d battery? With that shorter wheelbase it would be more fidgety than the S.

or having the model x in a tight garage?.

Speaking of tight garages, I took some pics of the X with my camera phone. I like it so much I'd like to share with you all.

IMG_4204.JPG

IMG_4207.PNG

I have the S and the X. I also have a model 3 reservation for when the S retires.

I'm just debating (wishful thinking really) between the p100d S vs X and which to choose if one were to get it.

I wonder if the model 3 performance will be a p100d battery? With that shorter wheelbase it would be more fidgety than the S.

Not possible. The S and X battery packs are the reason for their long wheelbase, and fill the whole bottom if the car from front to rear and side to side.

The 3 pack will have to be smaller physically - the reveal suggested it'll be broken into 8 modules instead of the current 16.

Speculation on the forum is that the "less than 60kWh" base battery pack will be 6 modules, which would imply the big battery would be a little under 80 kWh if they all use the same modules.

Reactions: Diavel