Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X Peng G9 EV Boom 😲👍🏻

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7ECE8A0B-A6B6-4CC2-B650-04A0DC8D71BB.jpeg

Reactions: jsight
I'll pass on the Chinese Spyware car. Our govts aren't on the friendliest of terms right now.

For instance, China bans Teslas from certain areas in China. (China bans Tesla cars from driving in cities where Communist Party leaders meet).

Chinese companies, by law, must do whatever their government wants. That's why Huawei and ZTE were banned in certain places. (Huawei, ZTE phones will no longer be sold on US military bases)

(CNN Exclusive: FBI investigation determined Chinese-made Huawei equipment could disrupt US nuclear arsenal communications)

But also I'd need to see long term reliability on any product I buy and based on prior experience, I'm not seeing it yet.

I'll pass on the Chinese Spyware car. Our govts aren't on the friendliest of terms right now.

For instance, China bans Teslas from certain areas in China. (China bans Tesla cars from driving in cities where Communist Party leaders meet).

Chinese companies, by law, must do whatever their government wants. That's why Huawei and ZTE were banned in certain places. (Huawei, ZTE phones will no longer be sold on US military bases)

(CNN Exclusive: FBI investigation determined Chinese-made Huawei equipment could disrupt US nuclear arsenal communications)

But also I'd need to see long term reliability on any product I buy and based on prior experience, I'm not seeing it yet.
I totally understand our delema but it’s to late to only buy American 🇺🇸 made products; Bush, Clinton open the flood gates and now everything we have and buy is from China 🇨🇳 Cellular phones 😬 I asume we drive Teslas; They are only built in California, Texas, but almost all components/parts come from China; Panasonic batteries🤷🏻‍♂️
Tesla Model 3 was the number one selling EV in China… No Mas.
3840ABA0-9252-44FE-8606-3263B2D92768.jpeg

I totally understand our delema but it’s to late to only buy American 🇺🇸 made products; Bush, Clinton open the flood gates and now everything we have and buy is from China 🇨🇳 Cellular phones 😬 I asume we drive Teslas; They are only built in California, Texas, but almost all components/parts come from China; Panasonic batteries🤷🏻‍♂️
Tesla Model 3 was the number one selling EV in China… No Mas.
You missed the point.
The point is Chinese companies have no control when it comes to CCP government. Some big car makers and other companies are state owned and run, and it doesn't matter how much money you have in China. You are the property of the CCP and you have no power/choice.
Elon Musk is big on free speech and he is libertarian meaning he will not let the CCP control over his company. Yes, the CCP can severely penalize Tesla China, but it will not control the company like they do to their Chinese companies.

You missed the point.
The point is Chinese companies have no control when it comes to CCP government. Some big car makers and other companies are state owned and run, and it doesn't matter how much money you have in China. You are the property of the CCP and you have no power/choice.
Elon Musk is big on free speech and he is libertarian meaning he will not let the CCP control over his company. Yes, the CCP can severely penalize Tesla China, but it will not control the company like they do to their Chinese companies.
CCP go hard after Christians, Muslims and anyone they like..They hate America but know we’ve become dependent on them because we too are greedy and want what cost less. Musk like most billionaires (Greed) will go to China for their materials, knowing their cheap labor will make them more $ without even thinking about China’s abusive labor laws.
And we too will compromise and happily buy their products (Teslas).. 😡😬🤦
“ AMERICAN GREED” my favorite T.V. Program 😲🤬

Tesla Model 3 was the number one selling EV in China… No Mas. View attachment 840523

You clearly have an agenda here. And, it was Nixon, not Clinton/Bush that started all this. They were just the last bit. And, yes, it was all politically motivated. Make sure the prices are cheap for Americans so you can get reelected. That's why the current administration is so anxious to keep things flowing. But, they also are aware that the people of America are starting to see it. So, they react. It's all about getting reelected.

Reactions: nate704
You clearly have an agenda here. And, it was Nixon, not Clinton/Bush that started all this. They were just the last bit. And, yes, it was all politically motivated. Make sure the prices are cheap for Americans so you can get reelected. That's why the current administration is so anxious to keep things flowing. But, they also are aware that the people of America are starting to see it. So, they react. It's all about getting reelected.
A4DD6734-E8F3-429F-84E4-0D5B016A8DB9.jpeg

Doesn’t matter who started it. The point is everyone here gets on their high horse about “Buying American” and when it comes to it people scoff at the prices because they are too “High”.

Buying American means we are paying for workers health insurance, pension, 401k, more than min. wage etc. etc.

On top of that, you really think lil Johnny is going to want to go bust his ass at a factory when he can get himself an arts and crafts degree?