Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X-Rack / Cargo Tray

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Requesting Reviews:

I am considering ordering a hitch mounted cargo tray from X-Rack. This model is made specifically for the Model X. Light weight, aluminum, and fits perfectly in the trunk when not in use. Expensive, but appears worth it for Road Warriors. Has anyone purchased and used one of these from X-Rack? Are there any other companies making model specific racks?

X-One Cargo Carrier for Tesla Model X (Black) | Cargo carrier specifically designed for the Tesla Model X | X-Rack

X-Rack.jpg

I just purchased one and it's arriving Monday. I like it because I will be able to store it inside the X all the time and use it as needed. I've also searched before, but this is the only tray that is specially made to store inside the X.

I couldn't wait for your review....LOL. I ordered one today. I also ordered the dual truck luggage bags on sale. Better than trying to fit regular luggage in there for road trips. I like not leaving luggage exposed in the back. Hopefully this set up works out as good as it looks. I also ordered the stabilizer adapter for $15. Maybe this will reduce some of the movement on bumpy roads.

Requesting Reviews:

I am considering ordering a hitch mounted cargo tray from X-Rack. This model is made specifically for the Model X. Light weight, aluminum, and fits perfectly in the trunk when not in use. Expensive, but appears worth it for Road Warriors. Has anyone purchased and used one of these from X-Rack? Are there any other companies making model specific racks?

X-One Cargo Carrier for Tesla Model X (Black) | Cargo carrier specifically designed for the Tesla Model X | X-Rack

View attachment 549701

I've had one for over a year. Works great. I mainly use it as a shelf in the under the back most of the time. Makes that area much more usable and accessible.

As a hitch carrier also works great. Well made.

Back from first road trip with the X-Rack and their luggage bags. Minimal, if any, effect on range. Other than the rear view camera, we forgot they were there. Did not hamper opening the rear door. Made extremely well. Tucks away perfectly in the Trunk. Quick on and off. You can get a trailer tongue lock if you want to leave it on overnight. I'd suggest adding the luggage bags. My wife and I each took one and it was similar to a very large suitcase. Easy to carry into the hotel which keeps the back area available. We took 3 grandkids for a week and actually had storage left over even with a medium size cooler. I would highly recommend spending the extra money to get this high quality system. It was well worth it! I'd also suggest getting the $15 stabilizer as it kept the bouncing and sway to a bare minimum.

20200709_190303[1].jpg
20200709_190240[1].jpg
20200709_191608[1].jpg
20200709_191802[1].jpg

So aside from fitting perfectly in the trunk, any other added benefit vs. a Curt cargo tray for about a quarter of the cost of the X-Rack? I was about to order the X-Rack but thought to myself "why does it need to fit underneath?". When I'm not using it, I will probably just store it in my shed or garage.