TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

X rims in the Gta

Discussion in 'Canada' started by HugoBoss, Sep 1, 2017.

1. HugoBoss

HugoBoss Member

Hi, new member just ordered model x 100D. Plan on putting winter tires on stock rims. We use Michelin X ice on wife's Lexus. Anyone use them on Tesla's? How do you like them. Or recommend something else?

Also anyone have recommendations for aftermarket rim shops in the Gta. I will use stock tires on aftermarket rims. I would like lighter rims than stock.

Thanks

• Like x 1
  2. Struja

Struja Member

I think the general consensus of what I have read here is:

Tires23
    Kal Tire
    Tires1010

I plan to get Replika R187 for my winters, probably from Kal Tire, but that is for a Model S.

3. SmartElectric

SmartElectric Active Member

Very happy with Kal Tire, bought rims and winters from them, and get no charge yearly rim switch over.

Our Tesla S has 19" Replika R187 in the same grey as OEM Tesla rims. Nice rims for great price.
    Winters are Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2.

4. waterloo42

waterloo42 Member

Are the Replika rims available in silver? Are there other rims anyone has looked at? There's a Kal Tire in town and I want to get the Hakka R2s but not so sure about the R187 in gray.

5. SmartElectric

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. waterloo42

waterloo42 Member

7. A-E

A-E Vendor

We recommend TSportline wheels as your aftermarket solution. Check out TSportline.com for available styles! Tsportline Wheel.jpg

8. sataponw

sataponw Member

I am planning to get the 19 inch R187 and Hakka R2 for my MX 100D. I think they should fit based on the Winter sets Tesla is selling

9. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

#9 SMSMD, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    R187 , 19 inch will be nonstaggered....the look of the X changes dramatically...which I personally did not like.....Hakka R2 is a great winter choice. Replika /Fast wheels is Canadian.
    Found these recently as I wanted staggered.
    https://www.fastwheels.ca/productinfo.aspx?wn=fc04&fn=titanium&v=tesla_2016_model+x_p100d-p100d_s_ww&dm=20

10. SmartElectric

R187 comes is 19" and 20" .... Have a look at the 20 if you want the similar spec to OEM on an X

11. Whisky

Whisky Member

Wonder if there's a deal to be made if we go in as a group. I'm a big fan of the Hakka R2, had them on my previous car

12. 03DSG

03DSG Member

13. Gamekaze

Gamekaze Member

Hi everyone,

I am getting a Model S this month. It's my first time getting winter tires. Do I need to buy rims? How's Costco?

14. SmartElectric

Swapping tires on the same rims will get expensive, and there's a greater chance of damaging or degrading the tires in this process.

So yes, buy winter tires + rims.

Or, buy all-weather tires (not all season) if you don't drive much, say 8000 km per year.

15. Gamekaze

Gamekaze Member

Thank you!! I will get winter tires + rims then. Do I need separate TPMS sensors?

16. dmd2005

dmd2005 Member

#16 dmd2005, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    You can order a set of Tsportline 20" Turbine style rims with TPMS and Pirelli Scorpion winter tires or you can just order a set of the rims and get Kal Tire or another shop to install some tires of your choice and TPMS you can buy from Tesla.

I have few sets of Tsportlines for both my Model S and X. Tsportline currently has a 10% off sale with free shipping to Canada for Labour Day long weekend until Monday midnight. Also, I'm a Tsportline customer and have a referral link for $100 off a purchase over $500. If you use my referral I also get a $100 credit.

My referral link for $100 off:

T Sportline - Tesla Model S, X & 3 Aftermarket Accessories

Some pics of my wheels on my S and X...and yes I love wheels and have multiple sets for my cars and truck. My next set I'd like to get are the Tsportline 22" MX115 in either brush nickel or diamond black colour for my X.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  17. HugoBoss

HugoBoss Member

Dmd2005, I thought about these rims. Did you order with tires? Or find it cheaper to buy locally? It does seem easier to order with tires and sensors already installed. Although I would like to change winter tires to stock rims

18. waterloo42

waterloo42 Member

Thanks @dmd2005! I ordered the gray turbine rims and the code worked along with free shipping (save $400 to Canada). I wanted the staggered tires and these look great. I'll be taking them to Kal Tire to get the Hakkas' installed.

19. HugoBoss

HugoBoss Member

Thanks dmd2005 Used your code also. was split between matte black and grey. Got grey turbine for the X. will get tire locally. We have matte black on white lexus already. I think grey will look good on silver X
    My wife asked why i wanted rims before getting car, we just ordered last week lol

20. dmd2005

dmd2005 Member

#20 dmd2005, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Thanks for using my code everyone.

I ordered some of my Tsportline wheels with tires and some sets without tires. I live in Abbotsford, BC and used Kal Tire to install or swap out my tires and sensors.

It is cheaper to buy the tire and wheel package from Tsportline since it comes installed, balanced and with TPMS sensors too. Only downside is that your tire selection is limited and they only have Pirelli Sottozero Winter tires and not the Micheline XIce or Nokians for true winter driving. The Pirelli winter tires are okay in the rain and very light snow, but XIce and Nokians are way safer for true winter driving.

The Kal Tire folks know me quite well now and I've ordered Nokian R2's and Nokian AW3's for my Teslas in the past from them. They swapped out the stock Michelins over from the Tesla wheels over to Tsportlines. Just make sure you buy some TPMS sensors from your Tesla service center, cuz Kal Tire wasn't able to get them for me.

I was lucky enough to drive by the Portland OR, service center and pick up a couple of sets TPMS for $160USD/set with no tax.

I have a set of 19" matte black Tsportlines I'm getting Nokian studded Hakka 9 tires for the S and also a set Hakka 9 studded for my 20" Slipstreams for the X. I'll review these tires later in fall/winter when I try them out in wintery conditions after this heat wave passes...suppose to be 38 celcius the next 3 days with humidex.