Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X Screen Size?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was larger in the prototype (check earlier threads in this subforum for pictures) - but they haven't revealed the production-ready vehicle yet.
Dang... I really hope it looks something like the initial drawing they had on their site... I love how it slightly sticks above the dash and appears to float.
bg_06_interior_prod-05-55.jpg

Dang... I really hope it looks something like the initial drawing they had on their site... I love how it slightly sticks above the dash and appears to float.
It's funny, at the time there were a lot of people who were criticizing it for sticking up beyond the dash. I don't mind it personally as it's good to have it up higher in a crossover and it's not nearly as offensive as the brands that stick the entire display on top of the dash.

It's funny, at the time there were a lot of people who were criticizing it for sticking up beyond the dash. I don't mind it personally as it's good to have it up higher in a crossover and it's not nearly as offensive as the brands that stick the entire display on top of the dash.

I much prefer the style like in the Model S. I think it is just a place for dust and crap to build up behind it.. 17" is fine as well.

I really do not think it matters if the screen is 17" or 19", what matters is if they have managed to make the user interface faster. The one on the Model S is really a pain in the "#%& when it comes to speed. It does help to use a VMware VDI solution when it comes to browsing, but not much...

I think it looks like a big tablet mounted on the dash, and any self-respecting smash-and-grabber would feel compelled to try to just break the window, grab it on the top and give it a yank.

Until the AutoTaser felt the start of a tug and automatically zapped them. (I'm fine w/it. And by *it* I mean both the placement of the screen and the AutoTaser zapping them.)

I never believed this picture was actual part of the Model X, but just a "advertising" image which I think was titled "this seat is for you". Like a number of things from the old Model X site, this too is gone. I would be surprised if Tesla placed a radically different dash look in the Model X vs. the S. I would agree with those who think it looks too much like it's not integrated into the dash and may prompt a thief to believe it is easily removed. After seeing the picture, I was pleasantly surprised to see the more integrated look when I test drove the Model S. Guess another wait and see what will be the final look.

Last edited:
I think it looks like a big tablet mounted on the dash, and any self-respecting smash-and-grabber would feel compelled to try to just break the window, grab it on the top and give it a yank.

well I have to agree with you about that.. Having said that, I am sure there are things I will not be too keen on in the final design. I believe you can't make a perfect vehicle for everyone... Tesla does seem to come close. My motive is three-fold: technology/ funtionality/ enviroment.

Exciting times ahead..