TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

X vs. S (Infotainment Screen Resolution)

Discussion in 'Model X' started by de704, Dec 21, 2015.

1. de704

de704 XP268

I have heard that the Model X screen looks better than the Model S.

Does anyone know the Screen Resolutions of the X & the S?

Thanks in Advance.

2. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

easy way for anyone with X to do this, go to: Whats My User Agent? and take screenshot.

whilst you're there and feeling generous ;-), could you also run this one please: https://html5test.com. I know it is HIGHLY unlikely that's there's any changes over the Model S, though one can live in hope :)

3. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Any updates from new deliveries?

4. leh22a

leh22a Member

image.png image.png
    Courtesy of J Horn Godwin from Facebook! Thanks Jennie. So...id this better or the same as the S?

5. flar

flar Member

The URL used in the previous reply "whatismyscreenresolution.com" does not report the necessary values.

I am running right now on a 3000x2000 Hi DPI screen and the site reports that my screen resolution is 1500x1000. This is due to the way that Hi DPI screens are implemented (there is a way to determine their true resolution, but the basic resolution figures are reported as scaled values so that applications and web pages size themselves appropriately). Basically that web site is reporting the number of units to use in laying out text and images, not the actual number of pixels.

The whatsmyuseragent.com site reports the same scaled values, but it also reports the device pixel ratio being used. Using that site my browser reports that my resolution is 1500x1000, but that the device pixel ratio is 2.00 which means that the true resolution of the hardware is 3000x2000.

I would expect the browser resolution to be reported the same in the X and the S, but the real question is if they have a higher resolution screen then what is the device pixel ratio which determines the fidelity of the text. Please use the whatsmyuseragent.com to provide information for this discussion.

6. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Ok, here's the result of whatsmyuseragent on my Model X.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451927442.674323.jpg

7. Vitold

Vitold Member

8. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Two runs on the model X. First while driving.
    2506a5c64fb2ca473a1c74abfbba4ad0.jpg

Second, while parked.

48948bc5a7fb04eb2c4f2a085e87f252.jpg

9. Vitold

Vitold Member

Thank you for testing. Based on above results looks like hardware have not been upgraded.

10. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

I will say, though, that the browser is much faster (ie. it only takes 5 seconds to crash on a page rather than 10!) than my three year old Model S. Now that might just be due to 3G vs LTE.