Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X vs. S (Infotainment Screen Resolution)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have heard that the Model X screen looks better than the Model S.

Does anyone know the Screen Resolutions of the X & the S?

Thanks in Advance.

easy way for anyone with X to do this, go to: Whats My User Agent? and take screenshot.

whilst you're there and feeling generous ;-), could you also run this one please: https://html5test.com. I know it is HIGHLY unlikely that's there's any changes over the Model S, though one can live in hope :)

image.png
image.png

Courtesy of J Horn Godwin from Facebook! Thanks Jennie. So...id this better or the same as the S?

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
The URL used in the previous reply "whatismyscreenresolution.com" does not report the necessary values.

I am running right now on a 3000x2000 Hi DPI screen and the site reports that my screen resolution is 1500x1000. This is due to the way that Hi DPI screens are implemented (there is a way to determine their true resolution, but the basic resolution figures are reported as scaled values so that applications and web pages size themselves appropriately). Basically that web site is reporting the number of units to use in laying out text and images, not the actual number of pixels.

The whatsmyuseragent.com site reports the same scaled values, but it also reports the device pixel ratio being used. Using that site my browser reports that my resolution is 1500x1000, but that the device pixel ratio is 2.00 which means that the true resolution of the hardware is 3000x2000.

I would expect the browser resolution to be reported the same in the X and the S, but the real question is if they have a higher resolution screen then what is the device pixel ratio which determines the fidelity of the text. Please use the whatsmyuseragent.com to provide information for this discussion.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
User enzo posted this:
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/media/ms-ap2-hw.116322/

It shows faster loading times. Can that mean hw2 has impact on the MCU?
The performance difference shown there is minimal, and I definitely didn't any performance improvement on the center stack UI in an AP 2.0 car. Sucks before, still sucks.

Anyway, if you want a scientific comparison... one would need to compare to a Tesla running the latest firmware in the exact same state. Performance varies depending what's running, especially with that awful web browser.

• Informative
Reactions: GeekfromFRL
Our S lagged at times. Our X still lags at times. Completely usable though - but can get ahead of it at times and have to wait for it to swaps screens that brief second. It does remember your last press so just have to get used to it...

Model 3 looks like best hope for next gen screen hardware, then eventually in Model S/X if ever redesigned in interior/exterior as a new generation. Maybe like 2020-2021 or so...