Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X: What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Total newbie for sure!! I know it has to be simple but I could not find anything in the Manual--though I’m still working through it. All my numbers are in miles and not %. Is there some screen or toggle that gives you the % charge. Is the line between trip and daily 90 %? If so 100D is 260 at that line. But I see people posting here are giving numbers for 70, 75. and 80%--how to I see the % charge?

my Model X 90D with stock small wheels with 26k miles is 218 at 90%.

I average 400 kw/h because i live in a hilly area.

I thought the 218 seemed to be pretty bad degradation and just called the service center about it and they are pulling my logs. When i bought the car, the rep said that the degradation is about 1 mile per year. Well..i've only had the car for a year and it is down 20 miles!

But from seeing the rest of the posts on here...this degradation seems about normal

i use a supercharger maybe 6 times a year

Is the miles left on the instrument panel the one to look at that gives you an accurate reading of range left ?

Nah, not really. The instrument panel shows Rated Range, and that is always adjusting. It tries to be as accurate as possible. It may go down faster if you are using more than the rated range average needed for a 1:1 mile/estimate ratio. It is 320 watts for 90Ds I believe or X's in general around that area. If you are running at an average of 400watts per mile on a trip instead, that would be 25% less than what is estimated at start, e.g. 200 miles, will net you 150 instead.

-T

Dicing this too finely is probably a precursor to OCD. One complicating factor is that T is always tweaking the software and not all changes are listed if they do not affect functioning. It is likely that some changes are due to tweaking the calculus on the remaining range program. Tiny downside to ever improving software. I remember when the signal strength bars on cell phones changed with every update until they got it dialed in.

2016 (November) Model X 90D - AP2 - 40K Miles...No, your eyes don't deceive you -- 40,311 miles....drumroll....90% 227 Miles - 100% 254 Miles. And it actually went back up from 224 for some reason. I've charged 646 times. I've supercharged the battery hundreds of those times and I have a HPWC in my garage which gets used every night. Battery has been completely discharged twice. Once, leaving me on the side of the highway just 2 miles away from a supercharging station and the other time while it sat at a Tesla SC for 10 days. I typically charge the battery to 100% at least twice per month...wish I had a 100D.

Reactions: DoubleDownOn9