Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X: What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2016/75D, ~32k miles, 90%=205 Miles.

FusionCharts.jpg

Not quite sure what this means, but I drove until I was at about 8%, and then tried to charge all the way to 100%. It stopped at 97%, and won't go any further, and it says my range is at 215 miles (2018 X75D with 17,500 miles).

I set up a service appt for 12/5 to have them check it out. Is this normal? Or is there anything else I should be testing for? Thank you!

Just went on a couple of cold weather weekend trips, studded tires on the highway with headwinds and had to charge more often than I would like and longer too since max supercharge power is 94kW now. The trip energy meter is still good at forecasting (as long as I stay under 85mph). I have used iOS shortcuts to check on the Estimated Range and found that to be a realistic number and believe that is used in the energy graph.
00054B49-9B01-452A-B237-1CAC72600492.jpeg

Just checked my home charging gauge, shows 48 Amp, 245 volts and I'm getting 40 miles per hour input. At 90% charge I show 305 miles range on my 2019 Model X that is not a Raven. I have never charged to 100% yet and I don't need that range as i only use the car here in town. I charge normally either Saturday night or Sunday and that gets me to the next week with about 80 miles left showing on the display.

Just checked my home charging gauge, shows 48 Amp, 245 volts and I'm getting 40 miles per hour input. At 90% charge I show 305 miles range on my 2019 Model X that is not a Raven. I have never charged to 100% yet and I don't need that range as i only use the car here in town. I charge normally either Saturday night or Sunday and that gets me to the next week with about 80 miles left showing on the display.
Are you on rated or ideal mileage?

My mistake, just looked again and 90% charge is showing 327 miles of range. Still don't know what 100% would give me?
Simple calc: 363.3 = (327/90)*100
What is rated or ideal?
More 'realistic' range: 'rated' in USA & 'typical' in non-USA
'Constant value' range: 'ideal' in USA & 'rated' in non-USA
Typical, rated and ideal range explained:

Yikes 212*333=70.6kwh usable. That's a fair amount of degradation even if the "90" packs only started in the low 80's ..

I wonder if the numbers would be the same if you had flipped the usage around and did very little supercharging in the first three years (while the BMS was still very 'naive') and then started heavily supercharging for the most recent three years (since they have 'improved' the charging profile etc)..

• Informative
Reactions: Fiver