Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X: What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
231 on my 90D with 20s averaging 335 Wh/mi over 2200 miles.

I usually charge to 70% but I'm hitting my solar true-up with a big revenue surplus, so I decided to go ahead and charge up to 90.

I get 231 miles with about 280 miles since I picked it up Saturday.
Thanks. Added them to the spreadsheet. Here are the updated numbers...

P90D - 225.17
P90D - 228.31
90D - 235.75
75D - 210 (only 1 entry so far)

Cheers!

Updating my numbers. Now after a couple road trips and 2500 miles on the P90D, my 90% is 226 miles. I often feel I have a lead foot and many days just putz around locally and inefficiently without much highway driving. Nice to see I'm not far off of where the rated range falls. Meaning Tesla rated pretty conservatively, I think they did a good job on their estimates.

Is it just me or 90D ranges @ 90% are off/low. This is the reason I did not get the 90D but I was sincerely hoping the range numbers are much better. I would expect 90D to be at @ 250 miles at 90%
Based on the numbers that people are getting with the 75D, one could assume if performance of the 90D could be tuned down, you should get 280-290 miles @ 100%.

Wasn't ther a code "performance" that would give a choice of performance modes? Tried it and it didn't work.

Why would you expect that? The EPA rated range of 90D is 257 miles. 90% of that is 231 miles.
I mean the EPA range (and hence the 90%) on the 90D is a tad lower than expected. Maybe its the heavier battery and performance that accounts for 9% less range than 75D range extrapolated to 90D. Perhaps driving the 90D conservatively when accelerating (mimicing the 75D) will yield higher range - it actually should and does on any Tesla.

Why would you expect that? The EPA rated range of 90D is 257 miles. 90% of that is 231 miles.

Agreed...at 6K in miles and are still consistently obtaining 263-264 (started at 265) miles when range charging for my longer trips. Thus, even if I get some additional battery degradation over time the vehicle should still produce higher than EPA rating.

Count me in as a very satisfied X owner......

Reactions: goneskiian
Something interesting happened 2 weeks after getting my X 90D. For the first two weeks, my 90% was consistently a minimum of 236 to 238, with the most common value (per Teslalogs.com) of 237.

Suddenly, at the two week (1500 mile) mark, my 90% level dropped, and is now consistently a minimum of 230 and a maximum of 232, with the most common value 230.

What happened at that break point where I lost about 3% of rated capacity? Two things: for a trip, I charged for the first time to 100%, and during the trip I used a Supercharger (though only for 20 minutes) for the first time.

My question is whether this is a calibration issue (i.e. my early 90% figure was overstated because the battery had not been calibrated, but charging it to 100% for the first time forced recalibration) or whether the act of charging to 100% (I drove the trip almost immediately after hitting 100%) or supercharging for the first time might have done something to the capacity.

Thoughts?