Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X: What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12/2017 Model X 75D
31k miles and about to change original tires.
90% 196 miles. It used to be 213 when new. Is bettery degradation of more than 7% okay?
Always babied car and the current reading is 323 Wh/Mile after 31k miles.
12V battery died at 30k miles and changed by tesla free of charge.
The driver side door stopped opening/closing at around 25k miles and Tesla mobile service took care of it.
Overall very satisfied, however, feels like 100D would have been better due to range, but the same time didn't feel paying extra $16k for 100D when I got in Dec 2017. I think, NOW is the best time to buy MX100D which almost costs the same as Dec/2017 MX 75D.

Reactions: scottf200
Typical, rated and ideal range explained
Originally, I was just doing this little sheet for Model X 100Ds like mine. I'm considering expanding it to others ONLY IF they commit to updating me every 3-6 months with a post and a @scottf200 in it.
a) 90% rated miles OR km; (typical, rated, ideal defined in above video - also see bottom of graphic for your non-USA equivalent)
b) model (ie. SR [Raven], LR [Raven]=100-2, 100D=100-1
c) tire size
I have a 'Days since' last update because you would get thrown off the island :) if it is great than ### days (### = 365 probably).
No big deal at all if people don't want to participate. ONLY ONLY respond if you really would commit to updating every 3-6 months tho. I don't want a time/energy wasted by one-offs. Please.

AtQBWit.jpg

I'm willing to do it, but how will the numbers be affected by seasonal swaps from 22" (summer) to 20" (winter) tires?
Good question. After thinking about it, it would seem you could have two entries and provide the 20" before you swap over to the 22"s and vice versa. You could provide numbers inbetween if you'd like. I thought it was important to add the tire size because originally Tesla had a 10% (AFAIK) reduction for the 22" on the Model X order page.

Originally, I was just doing this little sheet for Model X 100Ds like mine. I'm considering expanding it to others ONLY IF they commit to updating me every 3-6 months with a post and a @scottf200 in it.
a) 90% rated miles OR km; (typical, rated, ideal defined in above video - also see bottom of graphic for your non-USA equivalent)
b) model (ie. SR [Raven], LR [Raven]=100-2, 100D=100-1
c) tire size
I have a 'Days since' last update because you would get thrown off the island :) if it is great than ### days (### = 365 probably).
No big deal at all if people don't want to participate. ONLY ONLY respond if you really would commit to updating every 3-6 months tho. I don't want a time/energy wasted by one-offs. Please.

AtQBWit.jpg

TLDR
@scottf200

I want to participate

17Nov2019: 291 miles @ 90% SoC

LR Raven Built 9/19
22" Wheels
Odometer: 2016 miles
Ver: 2019.36.2.1

Powered exclusively by Supercharging, to 90% SoC. 1-2 per week, 150 kW SC.

Have not done AC charging at home, or at all. Plan is to do SC for life of X, if possible and if future info says its really bad for battery life. Tesla and time will tell, or, SMEs - do let me know.

Cheers,
RBRT
20191102_153222.jpg

TLDR
I want to participate 17Nov2019: 291 miles @ 90% SoC
After almost a week it doesn't appear this is enough interest in this. Thanks for responding tho.

Powered exclusively by Supercharging, to 90% SoC. 1-2 per week, 150 kW SC.
Have not done AC charging at home, or at all. Plan is to do SC for life of X, if possible and if future info says its really bad for battery life. Tesla and time will tell, or, SMEs - do let me know. Cheers, RBRT
This thread goes into the max charging speed (kW) limits that X number of DCFC/Supercharges will trigger and cause your max kW to be limited. Hopefully you are not charging at the supercharger instead of home while others (especially travelers) are waiting.
If you fast charge, Tesla will permanently throttle charging

After almost a week it doesn't appear this is enough interest in this. Thanks for responding tho.

This thread goes into the max charging speed (kW) limits that X number of DCFC/Supercharges will trigger and cause your max kW to be limited. Hopefully you are not charging at the supercharger instead of home while others (especially travelers) are waiting.
If you fast charge, Tesla will permanently throttle charging

Yup, I understand. Had started another thread about Supercharging exclusively to power the car, where I asked for input. I agree that SC all the time just bec its free is not good either for the battery, or other SC users. So i'm not gonna SC all the time.

But when I do need to SC, I will do it when others are not waiting in line - which I have been doing. I've used SC only on early morning or after 8PM on weekends, Sat/Sun. From what I have seen at this particular SC station, those times I am alone or maybe with another Tesla for 14 stalls. Any other time this location has had maybe 7/14 occupied - for now.

Ok, TTYL.

• Love
Reactions: scottf200