TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

X wheels

Discussion in 'Model X' started by flyhigh123, Jan 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. flyhigh123

flyhigh123 Member

Anyone know the bolt design and the offset? Also, if there is a similar other brand car with similar offset, ie porsche cayenne etc?

2. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

#2 goneskiian, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  3. Roamer

Roamer Member

#3 Roamer, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    Not a complete answer to your question but here is a little info.

i purchased a BMW X 5 compact spare to use with my Model S cars. I have used it a few times with no problem. I think the S and X use the same bolt pattern. I haven't had time to pull wheels and compare but plan to. Elon had 21's on the X at the reveal. I assume they were Model S wheels. They likely put them on because they did not yet have grey or black wheels in 20 and 22. They looked sharp on a black X.

Here is the BMW X 5 wheel that fits on an S.

BMW X5 X6 E70 / F15 Spare Tire Kit : Bimmerzone.com

enough to get you home in an emergency situation.

Not much out there for the X yet.

I am hoping I can mount up a set of 20 inch snow tires and run the same set up on S or X but just not enough info out yet to validate the idea.

4. flyhigh123

flyhigh123 Member

good stuff! I have an older set of 20" rims from my 5 series... it may even fit properly... lol