Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X with 21" staggered from Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

Does the staggered 21s from Model S work for the X - and have anyone found any tires with the right dimensions and load index to be compatible with an X?

The X has wider tires, but the difference isn't so large that it'll look weird in my opinion. 265 vs 275 rear and 245 vs 265 front.

What would be the "perfect" dimension for 21s from S on an X?

Trying to find out the same thing - have been told by the dealership that with spacers it will work, but that they don't recommend it because it can cause damage to the car. Can't tell if that's true, or if they just want me to buy new wheels. Also told by an aftermarket wheel shop that they wouldn't recommend it - but they also want to sell me wheels. Hoping someone here can weigh in on the question? I wanted to use 21" Turbine wheels from a MS on my MX - would save me quite a bit of money. Thanks!

solid-white-tesla-model-x-20-inch-wheel-tst-matte-black-1.jpg

The 21" OEM Turbine will physically clear the Model X brakes since the same brakes are used on the Model S. However, the 21" OEM Turbine might not be load rated for the weight of the Model X (approximately 6800lbs Gross Vehicle Weight Rating).

Our 20" TST wheels are loadrated at 900 kg per wheel and fit both the Model X and S.

Our 22" MX Forged collection of wheels are loadrated at 900kg as well.

deep-blue-metallic-model-x-22-inch-mx118-brush-satin-forged-wheel-1.jpg

Reactions: hiroshiy
Thanks for the confirmation. Strange the load rating isn't printed on them!

I'm sure the information is somewhere but what is the weight difference between these and the 22's?

Cheers!

The information is somewhere, but not in a service center and not on the wheel. With many of the nightmares MS owners have had on 21" Turbine wheels, MX owners beware. (To be fair, there's many MS owners with 21" Turbines who have had 0 issues.)

We weigh a 21x8.5 turbine at approximately 35.4lbs
We weigh a 22x9.0 turbine at approximately 37.6lbs

The information is somewhere, but not in a service center and not on the wheel. With many of the nightmares MS owners have had on 21" Turbine wheels, MX owners beware. (To be fair, there's many MS owners with 21" Turbines who have had 0 issues.)

We weigh a 21x8.5 turbine at approximately 35.4lbs
We weigh a 22x9.0 turbine at approximately 37.6lbs

What do the 20" Slipstream's weigh, and what do your 20" TST's weigh?