Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X60D Range Upgrade to 75 price reduced!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked My Tesla and the upgrade price has been changed from $9,500 to $6,500. Sweet!! This will really make me think. Objectively, maybe it is not worth it, but realistically when planning trips, the extra range definitely sounds nicer to me..
This made me go check mine and I was quite surprised the S70D -> S75D price has dropped to just $500! It used to be $3,500 which was totally ridiculous! I have to say I'm fairly tempted at this price.

Wow I just bought an X off the forum, haven't even picked it up yet, had the range upgrade done last week at a cost of $9500 + tax. I wonder if Tesla would give me a rebate as it was done in the last few days! I doubt it!! :(

I think the higher Model X upgrade price and shorter cycle for the 60D Model X in the first place suggests how much more that 60D price hurt Tesla in Model X than it did in Model S...

Anyway, interesting that Tesla would do such blatant price changes to the upgrades too a day after the window to order new ones closes. I would have thought it might have been wise to hold out a quarter longer or something, or do it more gradually (especially on Model S) than this to avoid annoying some customers who were caught in the middle...

Well, perhaps they really need those 2k's (Model S) and 6.5k's.

75D price dropped by 3K from what I read which explains the 3K reduction in the activation price.

Us software battery owners won't get any "deals" it seems.

Technically if Tesla only charged $20 for it, it'd be $20 more in revenue than they currently have but they are not bending even 1 penny to the 75D price index.

75D price dropped by 3K from what I read which explains the 3K reduction in the activation price.

Us software battery owners won't get any "deals" it seems.

Technically if Tesla only charged $20 for it, it'd be $20 more in revenue than they currently have but they are not bending even 1 penny to the 75D price index.

Yea, I guess they figure the range is more valuable in the less-efficient X. Which is true. While my enthusiasm is reduced after seeing the deal the S60 owners get, I'm still happy about a 3K reduction. I doubt they will be lowering it again for at least 6 months. Will probably consider it before taking my next roadtrip.